Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Thank God for Friends with Camera Phones!

thenewmrsqthenewmrsq member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2014 in Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
I don't think I could ever have done the no-tech wedding ... one of my bridesmaid's husbands took some great iPhone photos for us so that I don't have to wait 30 whole days to see some!!!  We had a great time, and I figured this was the place to come and brag!! :D

Lessons Learned:
PhotoBooth was a fantastic hit with everyone! We tipped the girl extra to stay later since there was a huge line still at 11pm!
If you're taking pictures beforehand (like we did) have a solid plan for what you want to do. We did, and even though we got started a little later than we wanted to, we seated the parents and grandparents at 5:32 for a 5:30 wedding start time (which I thought was pretty good!)
Enjoy the day! We took sooooo many pictures, but still had time to mingle, dance, smoke cigars (for the boys), and do table visits!
Prior planning pays off!!!!! I can't wait to get my regular life back now that its all over and done with though (minus the 50 or so thank you notes I didn't do before the wedding!)
Choose a venue that speaks to you and your fiance ... we both love theatre and got married in downtown Detroit at the Gem Theatre ... the venue was so us and I think we enjoyed our wedding day that much more because of it!

ETA: (Should be 5 pictures attached!) Also, my biggest piece of advice is that if you have an idea/vision/wish for your wedding, go for it, even if other people on the knot don't like it. We sang our vows to each other and got so many sweet compliments on it. We had a themed wedding and everytime I turned around, people were commenting on how unique, fun, and "us" it was. This website is a great place for advice ... but not all advice is equal! :D

Cheers ya'll! :D

Re: Thank God for Friends with Camera Phones!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards