October 2015 Weddings

A place to introduce your self!

2»

Re: A place to introduce your self!

• rox2112 said:
    @vegasbride2015 we are in very similar situations! Congrats on the engagement!

Thank goodness I am not alone!! I look forward to getting to know you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello everyone!

My name is Kathy and my fiance's name is John, he proposed on May 31st, 2014 when we went on a hike near the cliffs looking into Maryland and West Virginia at Bears Den (We live in Virginia). We are getting married on 10/10/2015 at a beautiful winery!

We have made a lot of changes since we have started planning! Our original date was going to be in May 2015 but then we figured maybe that was too close to start planning especially since it would only have been a year from the engagement.

After that, we waiting a bit, then decided that we were going to shoot for August, around the 15th, but apparently school in SC starts around that time, so we were asked to reconsider. We thought about it, and ultimately we decided that Aug and Sept. can be brutally hot months for an outdoor wedding.

Today as of 12:30pm we have officially booked a venue and have the date set for 10/10/2015. I feel like now I can really start to plan since I know where and when everything will take place, I'm so relieved! 

I guess that means now I have to have the motivation to start working out and getting things ready as I finally have a deadline ;-)
  • Today as of 12:30pm we have officially booked a venue and have the date set for 10/10/2015. I feel like now I can really start to plan since I know where and when everything will take place, I'm so relieved! 
    Oh gosh, I felt the same way until we finally figured that part out!
    Our day is 10/10 as well. :)
  • Today as of 12:30pm we have officially booked a venue and have the date set for 10/10/2015. I feel like now I can really start to plan since I know where and when everything will take place, I'm so relieved! 
    Oh gosh, I felt the same way until we finally figured that part out!
    Our day is 10/10 as well. :)

I couldn't believe how expensive some places were or how restricted they had everything! I can understand things being high priced, but you would expect a little more for your money sometimes. 

For instance, one place that we looked at wanted 5k for the venue. Just the fact you could hold your event there! No tables, no chairs, no food/drink, no music, etc. (We also saw a place that wanted 20k to hold your wedding there, but we just laughed and drove past ;-) ) There was a place that allowed you to hold your venue there, but they would not shut down their normal day business for your wedding. So you would have to deal with space and parking issues if they just happened to have a busy day (plus some people could sneak into your reception and eat your food..)

We visited probably 7 different venues, and researched 18-20. I'm hoping that was the hardest part cause my sprits had a roller coaster of emotions =)
  • So, I'm new around here...
    My name is Kelly, and my fiancé is Adam. Technically our proposal was deciding to elope on 10/26/14. We ended up choosing to be engaged. We're planning our wedding for October 16, 2015 somewhere in Omaha, NE. I'm born and raised in Omaha, NE, and he's from Sioux City, IA.

• mrsjharmsmrsjharms member
    First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Hello Fellow Brides-To-Be!  
    (I'm SO excited I finally qualify for that title!) 

My Name: Jeni G. from Texas (Dallas/Austin)

FH Name: Jeff H. from Wichita, Kansas

Wedding Location: Austin, TX

How He Proposed: It just happened last week!  My FH has two children (5 & 7).  All three of them showed up at my house Thursday night much to my surprise.  The youngest walked in and handed me a card he made and recited Little Miss Muffet (which he apparently just learned at school & wanted to use as his part of the proposal. HA! )... Then his daughter handed me a card that said, "Hi Jeni" on the front with a bunch of cute little hearts (and some adorable random snakes his son added).  The inside said, "Will you be a part of our family?"  When I closed the card, my FH was on one knee and proposed with the ring!  It was SO DIFFERENT than the proposal(s) I've been dreaming about for the last 34 years and it was SO MUCH BETTER! :)

And I have to say... I seem to be FASCINATED with my left hand these days! :) 

Wedding Date:  It's definitely up in the air since we're so newly engaged, but we're shooting for 10/3/15! 

Looking forward to chatting with all of you! 
    Jeni
  • Yay congrats Jeni!!!!!
  • I posted a separate introduction elsewhere. 

My name is Alyssa. Drew and I are getting married on 10/4/15.  :) We are in STL, Missouri.
    Alyssa & Drew 
    10/4/15
    St. Louis

• I'm Sarah, my FI's name is Tony. I'm from southeastern Massachusetts and he's from Connecticut. We live together in Connecticut right now and we're getting married in central Massachusetts. The funny thing is... he never proposed, but we're already planning! We made the decision to get married in September 2014, started planning in October 2014, found our venue this week! But he's been hinting that an official proposal/the ring is coming soon. :)
  • geminichic07geminichic07 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2014
    I'm Amy, my FI is David.  We're in Chicago.  We've been together for years and finally decided to go forward with the wedding we all knew was inevitable.  Our date is October 10, 2015.  We've booked our venue and caterer.  Working on DJ and photographer/videographer now,  Things are looking good so far!

ETA: I joined The Knot around ten years ago to help my SIL with her wedding to my brother and have periodically come back around to help friends.  Can't believe that I have an "ancient member" status! lol
    Amy & Dave
  • edited November 2014
    Hi, I am new!  I am buds with @lacqueredlover, and we actually have the same wedding date, October 17.  We will be getting married in Philadelphia, PA. I got proposed to in our favorite photobooth at the beach, and we are really excited to be married!  Most of the big stuff is planned, but we are both trying (and failing) to care about florists right now.
  • @girlseyeslightup Congrats on your engagement! I am a 10/17 bride as well from outside of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @nicole4793  Hey girl hey!  So many awesome girls getting married on our day. :)
  • Howdy! I'm Jen from KCMO, living in Wichita, KS with my fiance James. He proposed on August 16, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Wichita. It was totally unexpected but I walked through the door of the hotel room and saw this picture with a ring box...that will be my new last name. :)
    Our wedding date is 10/3/15 and it will be in Kansas City. We've been doing a lot of planning and have a majority of BIG things checked off the list. 
  • Hi Everyone!
    I'm Hannah and my Fiance's name is Michael. We're from Boston, MA. We got engaged 12-24-13 in front of the Seaport Hotel in Boston, the same place where we got on a dinner cruise for our first date a year earlier. We'll be getting married 10-17-15 ( His birthday is 10/10... so that weekend didn't work for us!) at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf hotel... everything is BOOKED already: Dj, Flowers, BM/FG dresses ordered, invites/save the dates are in, my dress is here, ties and shoes for the groomsmen are bought, photographer, hair/make up is all reserved! Let me know if you need any help, I'm ahead of the ball and full of ideas!  :)

Congratulations to all of you!
  • @checca16 Wow, we have the same engagement date and wedding date! That's so ironic. I'm amazed that you have everything booked already. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's funny when went to book the venues some of the places were already booked for our date!! After that experience we just went ahead and booked everything :)!!
  • Hi all!
    I'm Brittani from Boston, MA. My fiance is Gus (August), and he proposed on January 14th 2013 and we are finally getting married on 10/23/15! WOO-HOO! Our proposal took place at Disney World in Epcot (we are HUGE Disney fans). He waited until the fireworks finale and got down on one knee overlooking the lagoon. I waited until I graduated college to start planning. The very next day, we had a date picked and were checking out vendors. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My name is Courtney and my FI's name is KC. He proposed the day before our 8 year anniversary, 9/26/14, on a sweet little walk with our dog, and it was a total surprise! He had to be sneaky - if he planned anything for it I would have been suspicious!  We're getting married 10/17/15 in San Pedro, CA at the South Coast Botanic Garden, with the reception at this nearby Italian hall. We both live in LA (right next to LAX) and let me tell you - doing anything with a budget in LA is freaking impossible!
  • edited December 2014
    Hey @thelittlemermaidbride, I'm from Mass too! Do you know where you're getting married yet? We picked The Ranch Golf Club in Southwick. (Don't go to their website right now... they were hacked today and it hasn't been straightened out yet! lol)
  • @rusticbride27 I was just about to go, lol... I googled pictures of it, though and it looks beautiful!

We are getting married in Nahant at the Oceanview. It's pretty close-by since we live on the northshore (Revere). Congrats on picking your venue- that's awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @themermaidbride118 Thanks!! Your location is gorgeous, as well! A waterside location was our second choice, but I was so set on finding a barn venue. Congrats and good luck to you! :)

• @rusticbride27 It's funny because it was originally our second choice too, with a barn wedding being our first as well, however, the barns around here leave a LOT to be desired. At our first choice, we found out that we couldn't have the whole wedding in the barn, only cocktail hour (not worth decorating and WE wouldn't even be there for it), and at our second choice, there was no available heart, a/c, nor bathrooms- just port'o potties. So, we thought more... 

Our theme is Disney (heavily Little Mermaid influenced) so... it just felt "right" to go with an ocean/sea side wedding. Now I am 100% that we made the right choice. I AM SO EXCITED!

I'm glad you found a lovely barn that worked for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi!

I'm Rachel and my fiance is Jeff. He proposed the day before our 8 year anniversary on 12/19/14. We had discussed it in advance and decided together that we were ready. We're getting married 10/10/15 at my grandmother's vacation home in southern Virginia. So that means the venue is taken care of - I'm trying to get a photographer and caterer nailed down ASAP!
  • Hi, I'm Amber and my fiance is Chase. He proposed the night before our 9 year anniversary on October 17th, 2014, at my moms house after a family dinner. Our wedding date is set for October 17th 2015 ( a year from the proposal date and day before our 10 year anniversary). Not sure on the venue yet as we are just really getting started on the planning, but looking something outside with a country/rustic feel to it. We are from Winterville, North Carolina (which is right outside Greenville). :) Congrats to all you fellow October Brides!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My name is Kelly, and my fiance is Adam. We got engaged October 26, 2014, but there was no proposal. It was actually going to be us eloping at the same spot we met. However, we decided to call it an engagement instead. I'm from Omaha, NE and he's from Sioux City, IA. We're getting married in Yutan, NE, which is a small town west of Omaha.
  • My name is Chelsea and my fiance is Carlos.  We got engaged on May 20, 2014 at Disneyland.  We are getting married October 3, 2015 and we are so excited!  I am from Tucson, AZ and that is where we are getting married in an outdoor wedding venue near the mountains. We are having a Disney themed wedding and I cannot wait to see everything come together.  I have loved reading about all of you lovely ladies and I can't wait to see all of your weddings come together as well :))
  • adverbadverb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    Hey all! My name is Rachel and my FI's name is Tom. He proposed to me on 30th birthday while we were swimming in the dolphins at Cozumel (need to make a longer post about this one day since there are so many pictures).

We live in Sanford, FL (like @lewis345 holla!) but we are getting married in Vegas because I'm in love with the place (my bat-mitzvah theme was Vegas too- haha). We chose a wedding date of 10/5/15 because it's on a Monday, which is MUCH cheaper in Vegas for everyone. I definitely considered 10/10/15 but unfortunately that is a weekend :(

Our mini-moon will be in Disneyland and our honeymoon will probably be a month later on the Allure of the Seas :)
  • Hello there!  I'm a little late to the party since we're down to six months but here it goes.  My name is Brink and my fiance's name is John.  He proposed on August 9th, 2014 by stuffing the ring box underneath our cat!  I found it when I was petting her goodnight.  Knowing that white diamonds are my birthstone he went with something different and got me a lovely blue diamond instead.

We are getting married on October 31, 2015 at a local Mason Hall.  It was built in 1868 and has a wonderful creepy vibe with old grey stone, dark wood, and stained glass.  Our reception is taking place at a large reception hall at a local lake, about 20 minutes from our ceremony venue.

The whole day is basically just a huge horror movie themed Halloween party at which we happen to be getting married.  John is dressing as Freddy Krueger, our bridal party already have their costumes chosen, and all of our guests are being asked to dress in costumes as well.  If they show up without one we'll have masks available.  People are already terribly excited and my Maid of Honor has actually had some co-workers please to be her plus one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards