Michigan-Lansing

9-3-14 Any Michigan brides out here

I've checked this board a few times but haven't seen any new posts. So I figured Id see if any else has been checking here.

Re: 9-3-14 Any Michigan brides out here

• I am here. I just assumed there was no one else in the area on this site. 
  • I kind of assumed the same. Most of the post here are from a couple years ago
  • Yeah it's crazy that there is no one on here. My sister is a bridal consultant and she says that there are tons of people getting married in the area right now. Guess they don't know about the Knot? 

So when are you getting married? 
  • I'm getting married in Midland September 18, 2015. It is surprising how few brides are on here. I don't actually find as many vendors in the tri-cities as I do in Grand Rapids where I currently reside. I have most of my vendors booked because I know they book up fast and I was already having trouble with dates being booked when I started looking 15 months in advance. So where are all these brides? Where/when are all of you getting married?
  • The mid-Michigan area is like a ghost town for vendors. I think a lot of them haven't updates to the 21st century yet so they don't have websites but yeah it does seem like most are located in Detroit or Grand Rapids. 
  • I'm here :D

And agree - it does seem like Mid-Michigan is a ghost town. It's either Detroit or Up North. Both beautiful, but how about some love for Mid-Michigan?

We've just started planning so.... I'll take all the notes everyone is willing to share!

- AC
  • I am here :)  Yup, pretty sad and lonely in Mid-Michigan.  I'll post the vendors I have so far in the other discussion about vendors if that helps anyone? 
  • I'm here too and I've been engaged since September 2013 and on The Knot since then and this board has always been kind of dead so I forget to check it. I am getting married June 13, 2015 in East Lansing!
  • I'm stalking the vendors board. We are still trying to nail down a date for next year... crazy how everything is pretty  much booked!!

- AC
  • I'm here!! My wedding is in May of 2015 ! I've been working on finding vendors in the Lansing area. I've only been engaged for almost 2 months.
  • Me too! I just got engaged a couple weeks ago and we are planning for either Bay City or Midland… it is tough. Im currently looking for reception sites. If I find anything good I'll let you know! 
  • I am having such a hard time finding a venue also! engaged since last xmas. Any ideas?!?
  • Anything in particular you're looking for?

- AC
  • Where is everyone getting there linens from (chair covers, sashes, etc)? I'm having a hard time determining what is a good deal with that stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards