Honeymoon Discussions

Has anyone been to the Azores?

It looks beautiful. There's a deal online right now where we can go for 1 week from Boston for $1950. This price is 2 people and includes flight, hotel, transfers, taxes, jeep tour, whale watching tour. It sounds fantastic but I know nothing about the area whatsoever! Has anyone been? Any tips, would you recommend it? 
@jells2dot0 maybe you? 

Re: Has anyone been to the Azores?

• Nope, haven't been! That is a good deal for somewhere so remote. I think it's more temperate there, so it may be getting a little chilly rather than being a tropical-type destination.

• Yea the deal is for Jan-April 2015 and when I looked it up, all of those months say 52-60 degrees. FI would love that, he's not into heat at all. 

• That isn't too bad. Sounds like something my DH would like, too! He is more of the European vacationer and I'm more of the South Pacific vacationer!

• That time of year could be quite rainy.
  • Huh. I was just looking up the Azores because of your post and saw that it's only 4 hours from Boston?!
  • @joane2012 I know right?!?! I had no clue and then FI came home from work and said a coworker is from there and was telling FI how beautiful it is (Sao Miguel island). I looked it up and was shocked that flights are 4 hours and $500 round trip, that's cheaper than flying to San Francisco! I totally want to go now. We had talked about London next summer so we might fly there right from London which is also 4 hours and cheap :)  

• jenna8984 said:

@joane2012 I know right?!?! I had no clue and then FI came home from work and said a coworker is from there and was telling FI how beautiful it is (Sao Miguel island). I looked it up and was shocked that flights are 4 hours and $500 round trip, that's cheaper than flying to San Francisco! I totally want to go now. We had talked about London next summer so we might fly there right from London which is also 4 hours and cheap :)  

So now you have my intrigued that it's cheap and short from London. We're planning on heading to London late next year, as we always do, for Thanksgiving. Not going this year because of my cancer. But, maybe I now need to consider moving it up and going somewhere like the Azores that is hard to get to from AZ!

• jenna8984 said:
    @joane2012 I know right?!?! I had no clue and then FI came home from work and said a coworker is from there and was telling FI how beautiful it is (Sao Miguel island). I looked it up and was shocked that flights are 4 hours and $500 round trip, that's cheaper than flying to San Francisco! I totally want to go now. We had talked about London next summer so we might fly there right from London which is also 4 hours and cheap :)  
    @jenna8984, wow, I can't believe it!  Sadly for me, it looks like Boston is the only US city that has a direct flight.  I wish there was one out of Newark!
  • @jells2dot0 & Joane2012 look on SATA airlines website, they have all the direct flights to Ponta Delgada! 

• jenna8984 said:
    @jells2dot0 & Joane2012 look on SATA airlines website, they have all the direct flights to Ponta Delgada! 
    Looks like Boston is the only direct flight.  Darn.  For me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards