Chit Chat

AW Alert: Personal training is FINALLY paying off!

You guys, THIS IS SO AWESOME. After several months of seeing no progress, I finally had a good weigh in tonight!

I lost 5lbs,  2% body fat, and gained a little bit of lean muscle mass (I cant remember the number).

Now only... 25 lbs to go. I wanted to lose 30lbs by the wedding, but I'm going to have to adjust my goals, obviously. But. oh well. Progress!

I know that we have a GIS board, but it doesn't seem super active. Sooooo, what are some of your fitness goals CCers?
gladyscfemmaaacupcait927wandajune6hellohkb

Re: AW Alert: Personal training is FINALLY paying off!

• lurkergirllurkergirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    I'm trying to just get toned.  I am pretty tiny already, but everything is soft.  I don't do gyms though, just stuff I can do at home in front of the TV!

ETA: Congratulations on your progress!  That is such a good feeling when you can see your hard work paying off!

• Congrats! I'm just trying to get toned too. Doctor says I'm not allowed to lose any weight (a medical issue caused me to lose about ten pounds last year, and I haven't put any of it back on), and honestly, I don't see the point of not looking like myself in my wedding photos. It's not like I'm going to maintain a skeletal figure for the rest of my life, and actually plan on totally pigging out for the entire week following the wedding.
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    I'm trying to just get toned.  I am pretty tiny already, but everything is soft.  I don't do gyms though, just stuff I can do at home in front of the TV!
    I am weird about FI seeing me all sweaty and exercise-y (stupid, I know) , so I just cant do the workout videos. I don't know, maybe it's worth a shot for the days that I don't/can't go to the gym. Which ones do you use?
  • Congrats! I'm just trying to get toned too. Doctor says I'm not allowed to lose any weight (a medical issue caused me to lose about ten pounds last year, and I haven't put any of it back on), and honestly, I don't see the point of not looking like myself in my wedding photos. It's not like I'm going to maintain a skeletal figure for the rest of my life, and actually plan on totally pigging out for the entire week following the wedding.
    That definitely makes sense. I am usually pretty annoyed with people losing weight solely for their wedding pictures. Like, if that's not a maintainable lifestyle for you, what is the point?

For me, "me" is 40-50 lbs lighter. I went through a really rough depression patch (probably my worst to date) and gained a TON of weight in the past 2-3 years.

• I'm trying to just get toned.  I am pretty tiny already, but everything is soft.  I don't do gyms though, just stuff I can do at home in front of the TV!
    I am weird about FI seeing me all sweaty and exercise-y (stupid, I know) , so I just cant do the workout videos. I don't know, maybe it's worth a shot for the days that I don't/can't go to the gym. Which ones do you use?
    Ummmm....I put on reruns of Criminal Minds or How I Met Your Mother (depends if I want a 22 minute work-out or a 42 minute workout).

Then, I do 4 kinds of squats, jumping jacks, sit ups, leg lifts, free weights, push-ups, and stretches.  I keep repeating it until my show is over.

I'm sorry, I am the laziest exerciser ever.  I also just started this a couple weeks ago, and FI is working out of town during the week, so I don't have to worry about him seeing me.

I hear there are good videos on youtube, and FI tells me that I can get things for the XBox to workout with.

ashley8918
  • @ashley8918

I'm sorry that you've been through such a rough patch.  Depression is such a pain to shift, and if you're anything like me, you would have found all those friends and family members telling you to get over ridiculously annoying.

• I'm trying to just get toned.  I am pretty tiny already, but everything is soft.  I don't do gyms though, just stuff I can do at home in front of the TV!
    Ummmm....I put on reruns of Criminal Minds or How I Met Your Mother (depends if I want a 22 minute work-out or a 42 minute workout).

Then, I do 4 kinds of squats, jumping jacks, sit ups, leg lifts, free weights, push-ups, and stretches.  I keep repeating it until my show is over.

I'm sorry, I am the laziest exerciser ever.  I also just started this a couple weeks ago, and FI is working out of town during the week, so I don't have to worry about him seeing me.

I hear there are good videos on youtube, and FI tells me that I can get things for the XBox to workout with.
    That doesn't seem lazy at all. I might try some of that! No jumping jacks, though, on account of us living on the second floor :)

Unfortunately for me, FI just started a new gig as a stay at home (step) dad, so he is alllllwayyyyyysss home. I know it is dumb to be so weird about him seeing me, since the people at the gym see me all the time. But, I don't need people at the gym to want to make sex with me.

• @ashley8918

I'm sorry that you've been through such a rough patch.  Depression is such a pain to shift, and if you're anything like me, you would have found all those friends and family members telling you to get over ridiculously annoying.
    OMG, yes! FI was pretty insensitive about it at first, because he didn't really understand. He was all "what do you have to be sad about?!" That's not how it works! He gets it now :)
    raissyrais

That doesn't seem lazy at all. I might try some of that! No jumping jacks, though, on account of us living on the second floor :)

Unfortunately for me, FI just started a new gig as a stay at home (step) dad, so he is alllllwayyyyyysss home. I know it is dumb to be so weird about him seeing me, since the people at the gym see me all the time. But, I don't need people at the gym to want to make sex with me.

What part of hot, sweaty, bouncing boobs and butt doesn't he want? ;)

Can you go in the bedroom and close the door?  Or does he have any regular errands where he's always out of the house at a certain time?

ashley8918
  • That's awesome! Well done and keep going! As for me I just eat well, do some fitness/abs at home and I pole dance from time to time so allows me to stay fit! Also I understand the depression part. I've been quite depressed myself at some point but I lose weight instead of gain. But it's dangerous for me to go any smaller since I'm quite small already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

What part of hot, sweaty, bouncing boobs and butt doesn't he want? ;)

Can you go in the bedroom and close the door?  Or does he have any regular errands where he's always out of the house at a certain time?
    Haha, he probably would enjoy it! I really think it's all in my head. I feel gross, so I assum that I look gross to him.

My bedroom is wayyyyyy to small, but maybe i could banish him to the bedroom for 30 minutes or so. We've got cable in there, he will survive!
    lurkergirl
    edited September 2014
    That's awesome! Well done and keep going! As for me I just eat well, do some fitness/abs at home and I pole dance from time to time so allows me to stay fit! Also I understand the depression part. I've been quite depressed myself at some point but I lose weight instead of gain. But it's dangerous for me to go any smaller since I'm quite small already.
    Thanks!

Fun fact: I used to pole dance, professionally (ESCANDALOSO!). I've been dying to try one of those pole dancing fitness classes because it looks like so much fun and I know for a fact that it's a killer work out. I'm just too embarrassed by my floppy muffin top area to follow through.
    lurkergirl
  • That's awesome! Well done and keep going! As for me I just eat well, do some fitness/abs at home and I pole dance from time to time so allows me to stay fit! Also I understand the depression part. I've been quite depressed myself at some point but I lose weight instead of gain. But it's dangerous for me to go any smaller since I'm quite small already.
    Thanks!

Fun fact: I used to pole dance, professionally (ESCANDALOSO!). I've been dying to try one of those pole dancing fitness classes because it looks like so much fun and I know for a fact that it's a killer work out. I'm just too embarrassed by my floppy muffin top area to follow through.
    Awww what are you embarrassed about?!Just go and do it, yes it's a killer workout and it'll make you feel sexy at the same time! You've done it before you know what I'm talking about. So you used to be a pro in pole dance eh? That's super duper cool! I love pole dancing. For all those out there who thinks it's easy, it's truly not!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Thanks!

DO IT. IT IS SO FUN.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
    ashley8918
    edited September 2014
    That's awesome! Well done and keep going! As for me I just eat well, do some fitness/abs at home and I pole dance from time to time so allows me to stay fit! Also I understand the depression part. I've been quite depressed myself at some point but I lose weight instead of gain. But it's dangerous for me to go any smaller since I'm quite small already.
    Thanks!

Awww what are you embarrassed about?!Just go and do it, yes it's a killer workout and it'll make you feel sexy at the same time! You've done it before you know what I'm talking about. So you used to be a pro in pole dance eh? That's super duper cool! I love pole dancing. For all those out there who thinks it's easy, it's truly not!
    I sure did! Judgey people be damned - it was my absolute favorite job. And honestly, the customers at that particular establishment were more respectful than the ones I work with now... At a pharmaceutical  and medical device manufaturing facility. Weird, huh? 

And I feel you. It is NOT easy! Holy upper body strength, Batman

ETA. I don't know if I can pin it on any one thing in particular. I'm just really easily embarrassed. I think it has a lot to do with he depression/self esteem issues, honestly.
  • You sound like a sexy mama sita to me! And fellow dancer here, so no harm done! I loved that job too and I was more respected there than walking down the street. Isn't that sad? Well, I guess you're already doing a great job losing those pounds. Concentrate on that and the rest of your self esteem will come with it. You're definitely on the right track :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You sound like a sexy mama sita to me! And fellow dancer here, so no harm done! I loved that job too and I was more respected there than walking down the street. Isn't that sad? Well, I guess you're already doing a great job losing those pounds. Concentrate on that and the rest of your self esteem will come with it. You're definitely on the right track :)

I think I'm going to make myself a deal. 10 less pounds from now, I will sign up for a class and pole dance my ass off (literally).
    lurkergirlraissyrais

I think I'm going to make myself a deal. 10 less pounds from now, I will sign up for a class and pole dance my ass off (literally).
    That's ma girl! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    ashley8918
  • I've been doing P90X3 (on and off) with FI for about a month now. Sometimes I stick to my diet, sometimes I give in to the call of burritos or haagen dazs. I've lost 6 lbs since July... which is not as much as I'd like.

I just want my arms to be smaller and my stomach to be reigned in my spanx easier. Currently 187, and looking to get down to 130 (or less) in a year. I really need to get my shit together but I am the laziest ever and the best way to get me up and running around is to pump me full of caffeine and wave ice cream or a burrito in my face while riding on a scooter.

I hate working out. I fucking hate it. I just want to be thin and have good arms!!!!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

lurkergirl
  • beethery said:
    I've been doing P90X3 (on and off) with FI for about a month now. Sometimes I stick to my diet, sometimes I give in to the call of burritos or haagen dazs. I've lost 6 lbs since July... which is not as much as I'd like.

I just want my arms to be smaller and my stomach to be reigned in my spanx easier. Currently 187, and looking to get down to 130 (or less) in a year. I really need to get my shit together but I am the laziest ever and the best way to get me up and running around is to pump me full of caffeine and wave ice cream or a burrito in my face while riding on a scooter.

I hate working out. I fucking hate it. I just want to be thin and have good arms!!!!
    The struggle is real!

But for me, I can work out until I can't walk, but I just CANNOT stick to a diet. I have absolutely no strength of will when it comes to carbs and cheese. I CANT QUIT.

I started at 206, and am now at 201. Short term, I'd like to get down to 180 - long term, 160. My pre-baby weight was about 145, so I don't think i'm being totally unrealistic.
    edited September 2014
    YAY!!! :)
    So much yay! I'm feeling so damn good today!
  • beethery said:
    I've been doing P90X3 (on and off) with FI for about a month now. Sometimes I stick to my diet, sometimes I give in to the call of burritos or haagen dazs. I've lost 6 lbs since July... which is not as much as I'd like.

Gurrrrrrrrrl, I would do a lot of morally questionable things to get down to 187 pounds.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
    ashley8918
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards