Pre-wedding Parties

Engagement Party Etiquette

My fiance and I got engaged at the end of August 2014 but we're having a long engagement and the wedding is set for May 2016. His family is in NY and my family is in MO so we're wanting to have an engagement party to have the families meet but the problem is with family schedules the soonest possible timeframe would be March 2015. Is this too far away from our proposal to host an engagement party? If it is what other options do we have to bring the families together prior to the wedding?

Re: Engagement Party Etiquette

• I answered you in your other post on Just Engaged and Proposals. Just a friendly board etiquette reminder, that if you want to post the same thing on multiple boards include a "XP:" at the beginning of the subject line.

• You can have an engagement party whenever you want.  I think it is very considerate of you to wait for the timing to be convenient for all invited.  You will probably get a lot of push-back on these boards about hosting your own party.  I don't personally agree with that and find any reason to celebrate an engagement is great.  Enjoy this special time in your life.
  • I think it's weird when people have engagement parties long after getting engaged.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards