Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding Dress Code Vent - RECAP PIP

2»

Re: Wedding Dress Code Vent - RECAP PIP

• I sure am excited for the view though!

Anniversary
  • I was at a very nice wedding this weekend. They had super nice port-a-potties. They had A/C!
  • sarahufl said:
    I was at a very nice wedding this weekend. They had super nice port-a-potties. They had A/C!
    We had port-a-potties.  They had a/c, running water and normal flushable toilets.  The only difference was they sat on a trailer.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    sarahufl said:
    I was at a very nice wedding this weekend. They had super nice port-a-potties. They had A/C!
    We had port-a-potties.  They had a/c, running water and normal flushable toilets.  The only difference was they sat on a trailer.
    Yeah, I actually had zero problems with this. They were very nice- on a trailer, regular flushing toilets, sinks with running water, lights, etc. I was not remotely offended.
  • All this being said OP.... if you go and they have the more, ah, traditional porta-potties, you must report back.  Festivals and races are gross enough in shorts and I sure wouldn't want to hike up a cocktail dress to squat over a pit.

• I guess I'm a bitch, but there's no fucking way I'd be going out and buying another pair of shoes for this.  I'd wear whatever you have regardless of whether it looks fantastic, because it's not worth spending even more to make up for the poor planning of rude people.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd just wear those sandals you posted, they're pretty and do "go" with the dress, IMO.
    No, no, no!! Lol! That dress is so nice and with those lace details it needs dress flats or wedges.
    Why on earth would she bother buying another pair of shoes for someone else's wedding so she can walk around a lawn in them?  *insert eyeroll here*

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2014
    I'd just wear those sandals you posted, they're pretty and do "go" with the dress, IMO.
    No, no, no!! Lol! That dress is so nice and with those lace details it needs dress flats or wedges.
    Why on earth would she bother buying another pair of shoes for someone else's wedding so she can walk around a lawn in them?  *insert eyeroll here*
    *insert similar eyeroll*

Obviously she can wear whatever shoes she wants to.  However, when I responded I didn't realize that  she had already bought those sandals (reading comp). . . I thought she was thinking about buying them, and in my opinion those sandals do not go with her outfit at all.

So I was giving her suggestions on styles that would suit her dress better in case she already owned a similar pair to what I was suggesting, or she wanted to buy a different pair of shoes.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• You looked amazing!!!!! 

• Glad it mostly worked out, especially the bathrooms. Your dress is super cute and you look gorgeous!
  • Great photos!  Glad it was the trailer and everything else worked out.

Wish I thought of an 80's power hour. That sounds awesome. (We love 80's music and had a good mix of it at ours.)  

• You killed it, Hun!  You looked fab; cute as hell.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Very cute! Glad it went so well.
  • Technically, it is still summer until this Sunday ;)

Your dress is very cute, and I think the sandals would have been fine. I wear sandals all the time with fancy dresses because I can't wear heels for very long due to my bad knees.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards