Wedding Party
Options

How do I include my son (11) in my wedding?

This is my second wedding, and my FH first. My son will be 11 and I'm just not sure how to include him in the ceremony. I am 32 and my dad will be walking me down. My FH and I are incorporating the sand ceremony with my son. I'm just not sure where he should stand, or what else he should do. Any suggestions would be helpful. TIA

Re: How do I include my son (11) in my wedding?

• Options
    He can be a groomsman or bridesman. Or an honored guest. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Would he want to be a ring bearer? Would you be willing to have him as your man of honor? Its extremely common these days to not worry about gender-specific attendants. And even though he's only 11 I think that would be really really sweet.

On a side note, I wouldn't have him as part of your ceremony other than giving him an honorary role. The vows, unity ceremonies, etc are between you and your FI. Its not appropriate to include a child who can't consent or really "get" what's going on.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    He can be a groomsman or bridesman. Or an honored guest.

Stuck in box

He can also be an usher or reader as well as the above roles.  If so, then he doesn't actually "stand" except when he's doing ushering or reading.
  • Options
    Your wedding is the ceremony that makes you and your FI husband and wife.  Your son is a member of your family, but should not take part in any vows, since this is between you and your FI.
    Ask your son what he wants.  He may be happy to sit with Grandma during your wedding.   He could also be your man-of-honor, and hold your bouquet while you exchange vows.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards