• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
June 2015 Weddings

Can we discuss a pet peeve of mine?

I just went to a friend's wedding last night and 3 guests were in white. I know there's the argument, "It's not like you don't know who the bride is." Seriously though, as a guest, you are looking through your closet trying to find what you're going to wear, and you say "Hmmm, I think this WHITE dress is perfect" You can't find ONE other dress to wear to that wedding but a white one? I will say I don't mind one exception and that's when the bridesmaids are in white because obviously that's the bride's choice. What are your thoughts? 

Llikotdesserdweddingcactus

Re: Can we discuss a pet peeve of mine?

• I agree. It can't be that hard to wear ANY other color.
    LaBellaBarv66Llikotdesserd
  • omg i agree....i think people do it on purpose
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Eh, in the summer sometimes you just think about the cute sundress you just bought, not that it's ivory. It doesn't phase me unless it's after labor day
  • I have been to a wedding where she requested us to be in all white.. I was like really...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well that's a little different. If she specifically requests if then I don't have a problem with it.

• She did not stand out in pictures. She looked like a guest...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • larrygagalarrygaga Czechoslovakia member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    It's pretty douchy, and I will judge whoever I see doing it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

LaBellaBarv66Llikotdesserd
  • I am not very judgmental when it comes to the way guests dress, but I find that particular choice of wear to be such a faux pas. Save that beautiful white dress for another occasion and opt for a different color when it comes to a wedding. I always do my best to dress well and look great, but I feel like as a guest I will stand out in a positive way wearing another color vs. coming off completely attention-stealing in white.
    LaBellaBarv66
  • Last fall I went to a wedding where the brides new step mom wore a white lace dress! Really?!
  • Amen! I had a girlfriend wear a white dress to my wedding. I specifically remember looking at her like, "WTF, really?" I'm with you, there isn't a single other dress in your closet you could wear?
    [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/trickeytricky/824c8b9d-89d0-4d3c-95eb-3df144aa310f_zpsu4xwgpzp.jpg[/IMG]
    <a href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com"></a><p style="text-align: center;width:226px;"></p>
    LaBellaBarv66
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards