New Jersey
Options

Help! Need Bergen/Essex county venue advice (on a budget!)

Hi!

I'm trying to find a venue for an October 2015 wedding. The ceremony will be in Paramus, so the reception should be within half an hour, I hope. We'll probably have around 175 guests, and we have a budget of no more than 110pp before tax, etc. This is proving extremely difficult because of the area. (And here I thought $30,000 was plenty of money to throw a wedding...)

So far I've gotten out-of-budget quotes from Seasons (155) and The Tides (140). I'm hoping to check out the Woodcliff Lake Hilton but now I think we can't afford it. (Other hotels I want to see are the Glenpointe Marriott and Sheraton Mahwah.) The Graycliff quoted us $85, which seems unreal, and The Manor (West Orange) said $110. To note, we're hoping for 10/31, which is a Saturday, but some venues are giving us reduced rates because of the holiday.

We'd love to have a beautiful wedding to share with our family and friends without breaking the bank.

I'm so overwhelmed by this search. Help?

Re: Help! Need Bergen/Essex county venue advice (on a budget!)

• Options
    Ok so I know I did a huge search and a few of the places I saw fell in that range.  
    -Manor
    -Fiesta (like $85-$100)
    -Mayfair Farms ($80-$110 this is where our wedding is)
    -il tulipano ($100)
    -Galloping Hill Clubhouse ($100)

But remember you have to add tip and tax to this so it will be about $20-$25 more per person.

Good Luck in the search.
  • Options
    Thanks so much!
  • Options
    I've heard great things about Graycliff and il Tulipano. I went to a wedding at Fiesta and it was very nice. This was during their renovations so I'm sure it's better now. I'd go with those quoting on the lower end and then upgrade package when the date gets closer if you have room in your budget.
  • Options
    Highlawn Pavilion, which is owned by the same company as the Manor, might give you a deal because of the holiday and since it's the end of October (their prices drop in November). You should check them out.
  • Options

Il Tulipano quoted us more like $120 prior to tax.

Our wedding was at the Knoll Country Club in Boonton and it was within your budget.

Richfield Regency in Verona was our 2nd choice and was also in that range.

• Options
    Really appreciate the suggestions guys! 
  • Options
    Hi! I attended a wedding at the Graycliff last October and it was absolutely beautiful. Ceremony was in River Vale. Food was delicious and the place is beautiful now that the renovation is done! Def worth checking out more. The Fiesta is also nice but I prefer the Graycliff.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Seasons told me that they would give a better price on 10/31, did they quote you $155 for 10/31? I'm also in search of "good deal"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards