Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday Chatter

2»

Re: Monday Chatter

• Options
    @swazzle YOU'RE AN ADULT!!!

@lmcooper86 @aurorarose41 I'm not sure we're going to get it repaired, mostly because it cost $30 when I had it resized and later I found out that it cost less than $20 to buy. I'm going to talk with J about it this week; I know that when he bought it, it was meant to be a cheap place holder for a nicer claddagh. So I'm curious if he'd prefer to buy me an identical ring or a different one.

And lmcooper I'm so glad that my thread is still useful! Minted is super awesome, but that's one thing that I had trouble figuring out. Like I mentioned in that thread, we were able to make the changes we needed (with meal options) without having to have a special request. But it's very easy to use the special request box anyway.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @phira I think getting an upgraded one is a great idea! I had a $30 silver one for years, and the one BF gave me was an upgraded one. It has a heart shaped emerald (BF's birthstone) for the main heart and a diamond (my birthstone) in the crown. It looks like this: 

• Options
    @phira I think getting an upgraded one is a great idea! I had a $30 silver one for years, and the one BF gave me was an upgraded one. It has a heart shaped emerald (BF's birthstone) for the main heart and a diamond (my birthstone) in the crown. It looks like this: 

Beautiful!! J had been looking into something similar (with sapphire and with Celtic knots instead of hands) when he was originally going to upgrade. That is GORGEOUS.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    So much excitement this last weekend! @swazzle, good luck on the offer. @beanbot2002, hugs.

Friday night FI and I went to gaming, which was reasonably fun except that I forgot my power brick and headphones for my laptop. How I am this disorganized I don't even know.

Saturday FI repaired the dresser that broke when we were moving and did some cleaning while I worked to get ready for the craft show.

Sunday I watched football and finished an afghan, then cast on a new one. The color is creamsicle. I really don't care for it, but someone will buy it, right? It's like a peachy-orange gone wrong. So very wrong.
  • Options
    @phira the one that you described sounds beautiful too! I have actually had people ask me if it was my engagement ring. My reaction is always something like "No....it's on my RIGHT hand. And we aren't engaged."

• Options
    @AuroraRose41 *drools* That ring is gorgeous! I love the meaning behind claddaghs, and for a while I wanted it to be my engagement ring. So beautiful! @phira I hope your claddagh can be repaired/replaced quickly. :-\

@KeptInStitches pics of yarn? And how did the other one turn out? I love seeing pics of completed projects. Keeps me motivated to finish mine... lol

@Swazzle Yay for adulting! Crossing all fingers and toes for you guys!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - I am using the Crest whitestrips - Sam's Club had them $10 off about 2 months ago, so I picked up the box then.

@Swazzle - Hope your offer goes through!!!

Anniversary
  • Options

@eilis1228and @Dignity100 - I tried whitestrips several years ago and found that after a few days they made my teeth super sensitive! It hurt to eat! I started using THIS Crest whitening mouthwash back in August. I do think that my teeth were a bit whiter after a week, although I was only using it once a day instead of twice. I've been forgetting to use it the last few days, but I think it helped.

@phira - Yeah, I really like all of my dealings with minted so far, everything has been really quick with them! I especially love that when you log in after ordering something they have that status bar at the top...they know why you're logging in!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I too found the Crest white strips to cause my teeth and gums to become sensitive.  I use THIS and my teeth do not have the same sensitive reaction.  
  • Options
    @phira & @aurorarose41 - I had a silver Claddaugh ring that had Celtic knots instead of hands, and I LOVED it. It was traditional, but different enough that people noticed it.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards