African American Weddings

Head Table Advice

My FH and I each have one girl (our flower girls). We were thinking, instead of a large head table, we would do a smaller head table with ourselves and our two girls. What are you thoughts on that idea? He doesn't like the sweetheart table idea and I'm not too keen on the large table with our BP and their SOs. It becomes too large and too crowded. I also don't like the idea of having a large head table with only our BP, while their SOs are placed among the other guests. It just seems awkward if you're the SO and you don't really know any of the other guests. What is everyone else planning on doing for their wedding or have done in the past?

Re: Head Table Advice

• I like the idea of you, your hubby and your two girls... I would keep it simple considering as you stated having someone in the BP sit with you all and their SO is sitting with cousin eddie and the neighbor from high school isnt fun.. so just keep it with your little family

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• I like the idea of you, your hubby and your two girls... I would keep it simple considering as you stated having someone in the BP sit with you all and their SO is sitting with cousin eddie and the neighbor from high school isnt fun.. so just keep it with your little family
    this 

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • what doesn't he like about the sweetheart table? How old are the girls? my only concern would be you guys having to get them situated, and them not sitting still - depending on the age. what if you did a head table that was either you, husbad, MOH (sig other - if you wanted) and bestman (sig other)? or what if you did you, husband, and the parents or grandparents of you guys?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't know what his issue is with the sweetheart table. Our girls are 6 and 7. Our family has already said they will watch over the girls and make sure they're okay so we don't have to worry about them. Besides, they'll probably be on the dance floor the whole night! My mom doesn't like the fact of having people (SOs) who aren't in the wedding up at the head table, which is why I suggested just having our little family.

• I would do just you 2 and sit the girls with their GPs , you're rarely at the table anyways
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards