Registry and Gift Forum

First Bridal Shower!

Hello Everyone!

On Saturday, I am going to my very first bridal shower.  I only know the bride and with me being completely shy, I am terrified! The bride is more friends with my fiance and I think it is very sweet of her to invite me :)

With that all being said...I have NO clue what to buy for her! I was reading different articles of what to buy and I am clueless.  I feel a bit odd buying her lingerie so that is out.  Any ideas or advice for me?  My fiance said to just buy stuff off her registry and bring that.

THANK YOU!

Re: First Bridal Shower!

• If she has a registry, then I would stick with that.
  • Yes just use the registry.
  • Buy something from the registry. That's why it was set up.
  • Yes, go with something in your budget from the registry.  The registry is always a safe bet.

If you are uneasy about not knowing anyone volunteer to help with something when you arrive (like writing down the gifts and the names of the givers).  Having something to do may make you feel less awkward about not having anyone to talk to.

Fortunately most showers don't have a lot of mingling.  You come in, sit down, eat something (cake!!!) and then ooh and aah over the bride opening presents.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • My shower was on Saturday and I was way more nervous than any of the guests.  They really only talked amongst whoever was at the same table, no one really walked around and talked to people except for me and FSIL/FMIL who were hosting.

Just buy a gift off the registry.  If there is no registry, get a nice household item with a gift receipt.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Buy something from the registry. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards