Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP question

Do I put a return address on RSVPs? They have the address on the front, but should I put the guest's address on it anywhere?

Also, I saw that some people number their RSVP envelopes so they know who it came from if they forget to write their name? Is this really necessary? It says Name ____ I can't imagine someone just ignoring that...but I've never sent out wedding invitations either.

Thanks for the help!(:

Re: RSVP question

• Options
    I wouldn't. Its a lot of work for not a lot of value.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Return address, no. I did have one couple totally botch the name line though, and write out "unable to attend" on the name line instead of checking the fricking decline box. Derp. If you can keep them straight, numbering on the back in pencil isn't a bad idea.

• Options
    Lol I can absolutely see some of the people I'm inviting doing that.
  • Options
    Yes ditto lolo. Definitely number your cards. We did this and very glad we did. I got a couple cards that just had "2 attending" and no return address!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Oh jeez. That would be a nightmare!
  • Options
    Yes, number them.  I had to get FI's sister to track down all the blank ones from his side of the family.  On top of that, I had a blank one returned with an uninvited guest.  *sigh  The wedding all worked out, but the RSVP process was a big hassle.  I started to think his family had never been to a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards