Wedding Etiquette Forum

Shower invites

twitterbirdtwitterbird member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited September 2014 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
Hello knotties, My bridesmaids are throwing me a shower at the end of next month and they are looking for an invitation list from me. I just wanted to make sure it was ok to only invite the ladies who live in the same general area that the shower will be taking place in. That's most people who are invited to the wedding. The closest anyone else is would be a 5 hour plus drive/plane ride away and I certainly don't expect them to come to the shower. And yes everyone who will be invited to the shower is invited to the wedding. Thanks!

Re: Shower invites

• Hello knotties, My bridesmaids are throwing me a shower at the end of next month and they are looking for an invitation list from me. I just wanted to make sure it was ok to only invite the ladies who live in the same general area that the shower will be taking place in. That's most people who are invited to the wedding. The closest anyone else is would be a 5 hour plus drive/plane ride away and I certainly don't expect them to come to the shower. And yes everyone who will be invited to the shower is invited to the wedding. Thanks!
    If you have a special relative that lives far away, I would probably include an invite to them, so they know they were thought of. But only inviting the guests near you is fine. I would make sure that the amount of ladies that is, can be properly hosted by your BMs. And you don't HAVE to invite everyone, you can just invite the ladies who are dearest to you.
  • I would also add that I personally don't think showers should have more than like 30 people. If you have a big family, fine. No one wants to spend 3 hours watching gifts be opened, so it should be intimate.
  • Thanks ladies. Showers here tend to be not so intimate but my guest list for the wedding isn't on the large side anyways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards