South Asian Weddings

Hindu/Catholic Wedding

Hi All!

I am Polish Catholic and my fiancé is Hindu.  We are trying to figure out how and when to incorporate all of the events i.e. Mehendi, Rehearsal Dinner, Church ceremony, Hindu ceremony and reception. Has anyone had experience with his?  We are looking to span this all over at least two days.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Kate

Re: Hindu/Catholic Wedding

• Hi,

My husband is hindu and I am Laotian. We decided to split everything into a couple of days as well.

Thursday night: Mehendi

Friday morning: Pooja and all religious ceremonies performed at Hindu temple.

Friday evening: brief rehearsal

Saturday: We allowed each 1 hour ceremony and although we already did a hindu ceremony, not everyone could make it to Friday. I felt like this was more meaningful to us since it was in English, it was brief so only core rituals done, and we could start later. I guess Friday was more for the MIL. Anyways, it was 1hr hindu, 1hr break for beverages (while we changed), 1hr for Asian ceremony, then 1hr cocktail hour where we changed into our American reception clothes. It was a lot in 1 day but definitely doable!

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards