Chit Chat

Ideas please!

So the night before the wedding we are having our RH dinner and then my bridesmaids are staying the night.
That way we can have a girly sleep over and they'd be coming over early the next day anyways - plus one of my girls is OOT so it's 100% cheaper then a hotel room.

So I'd love some ideas of what you'd want to do for a girly sleepover. We're a little lame, I know. 

So far we're going to do facials from The face shop.
Hair treatments.
Nails - I'm not sure if my BMs want their nails professionally done. 
A little wine of course.
Maybe some Magic Mike? LOL.

Plus I want some nice snack ideas that aren't going to cause breakouts - I am always breaking out it's ridiculous. 
Fruit skewers is my only healthy idea, especially since I don't think our RH dinner will exactly be 'healthy'. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ideas please!

• Skip the facial stuff. I'd even be careful about hair treatments. It would be tragic if someone had a reaction to any of these products the night before the wedding. I'm a month out from my wedding and I'm already avoiding any new products, just in case. Though, admittedly, I have crazy sensitive skin.

I wouldn't worry so much about snacks for your skin. Realistically, you're more likely to cause harm with stress than chocolate. We eat a lot of popcorn in our house. I like making it on the stove with coconut or olive oil but microwave works. I'd be more focused on keeping the salt under control out of fear of ballooning up.

I think movies are always nice but I'd maybe do fun wedding movies-- 27 Dresses, Pretty In Pink, The Wedding Singer, etc.

Maybe also try asking them what they'd like?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Makes sense.
    I have asked them, the hair treatments and facials were actually ideas from the girls. 
    So I'll have to bring them up to them just in case. 

Wedding movies sound good though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What Wanda said. Especially if you break out a lot, a facial the day before the wedding could be a disaster. Go for a paraffin dip or something for your hands instead. Play some games.

• What time is the RD?

My FILs are going all out, so I don't forsee having much time for anything except TRYING to get to sleep.

So my suggestion is relaxing things with the lights off, maybe movies?  Those usually put me to sleep!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Always chocolate fondue. Chocolate fondue is amazing.
    theartistformerlyknownasKnottie37373131
  • agree to skip facials unless you are 100% sure your skin can handle it.  The last thing you want is to wake up with a bad reaction to it.  But the movies, wine and nails will be enough to keep you entertained.  I like the chocolate fondue idea too :)

Anniversary
  • You could always break out a couple board or card games.  Cards Against Humanity is a hit among my friends group, and somebody made a funny wedding version: http://cadsaboutmatrimony.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

lc07ashley8918JennyColadaInkdancer
  • edited September 2014

You could always break out a couple board or card games.  Cards Against Humanity is a hit among my friends group, and somebody made a funny wedding version: http://cadsaboutmatrimony.com

I have that (well both)! We played it (the Cads version) at my girls trip. It's awesome.

• I really like doing "theme" dinners/pot lucks with my friends (some themes we've used are: comfort foods, the color green, the letter R, Italian, Hawaiian).
  • Board game sounds fun! I haven't heard of this cards against humanity thing. I'll have to check that out. 

I wish block buster was around so I could find all those wedding movies - netflix doesn't have them all, neither does redbox. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jynxiie said:
    Board game sounds fun! I haven't heard of this cards against humanity thing. I'll have to check that out. 

I wish block buster was around so I could find all those wedding movies - netflix doesn't have them all, neither does redbox. 
    The bargain bin at walmart might ;-)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• And Big Lots! They have lots of great movie deals!
  • If you have Amazon Prime, there are LOTS of movies there for free.
  • For snacks - try sugary instead of salty snacks, sugar may make you stay up late, but the crash will help you sleep.

I also recommend doing Ice Cream or frozen yogurt, and then getting some different toppings and having a make your own type thing. 

Also if you're having lots of alcohol, stay hydrated, you don't want to faint the next day because you don't have enough water. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards