Just Engaged and Proposals

What can I do with Rose Petals to preserve them!?

I'm engaged!! This is my first post on The Knot :)

My fiancé proposed on Tuesday with soft music playing and beautiful rose petals all over our house (our friends decorated our place while he and I were at a show). And now, I want to do something where I can somehow keep these beautiful rose petals!

I've seen the tutorial on how to boil down your rose petals into beads, but it honestly looks like something I would fail miserably at. There's also the idea of potpourri, which would be fun. But I don't know! Does anyone have any other suggestions??

Thanks!
Esther

Re: What can I do with Rose Petals to preserve them!?

• My mom has a glass jar thingy with the flower petals from her bouquet when she got married (I guess this is like Potpourri without anything else in it?). I always loved it. I'm planning on doing the same. 
  • Pressing them would be easy - just sandwich them in a single layer between two sheets of wax paper, and put into a good heavy book with another few books on top.  It'll take about 4-6 weeks before they're completely dry.  You can also change the wax paper every week or so to make sure the moisture is completely being taken away.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards