Just Engaged and Proposals

Engagement Photoshoot - White Dress?

Can I wear a white dress (not weddingy) for my engagement photos? Or is that strange? TIA

Re: Engagement Photoshoot - White Dress?

• If you're doing it in the fall or winter I wouldn't do it. Even if it's in spring or summer though, you're already going to have a ton of photos of your wearing a white dress (assuming you are) on your wedding day, so why not pick another colour that looks great on you! Save the white for the wedding or even your bridal shower!
  • I'm indifferent about it. I don't think that it's "weird" so much as there are just very few white dresses that I think are cute.

My dress was off-white with little owls on it. I thought it was adorbs.

Just wear something that you think will look nice in pictures. I wouldn't place too much pressure on the "engagement" aspect.
  • I'm wearing an off the shoulder white dress as one of my outfits for engagement pics.  I don't think it's weird.   I might rethink it if you're doing them in the dead of winter, but if you're doing them now, I dont think it's a big deal.
  • I don't think it's weird at all. I wore a white dress for my engagement photos and they came out great. 
  • My FDIL wore white and the pictures are spectacular.  
  • I don't know why anyone frets over white and whether or not they can or should wear it. White at a shower? Who cares? White at the rehearsal? Who cares? White for engagement photos? Who cares? It's just a color.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I found a cute white dress for my shower and wore it, but I get the concern. I asked my best friend if it would look like I was showing off or something by wearing white to wedding related events. She reminded me that I was overthinking it, and that it was ok anyway. If you feel pretty in white, wear it. I'm sure it'll be beautiful.
  • I would wear whatever you feel good in.  I wanted a white dress for our engagement pics, but then ended up with a pink one because it was all I could find and it was comfy and could be worn multiple times (and has been).  I can not tell you how many people have commented on how awesome our pictures look with the pink dress because it pops off of the backgrounds.  We did an outfit change so that we had some variety, and I think I like the simplicity of the white and black with jeans just as much. Good luck! You really can't make a wrong choice! :)
  • It's not weird at all. I think white dresses can look very pretty in e-sessions. As long as you feel great in it - don't worry about the color too much. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards