Nevada-Las Vegas

Tips for vendors

Hi ladies and Vegas groom, please could you give me advice on tips for vendors. These are our vendors, photographer, hair and make up, trial and for the big day, chapel co-ordinator, reception co-ordinator (will they be included in the gratuity added to our meal) and florist. As I'm from the UK I've no idea how much is enough/too much or, even who I should tip. I wouldn't want to offend anybody. Thanks in advance.

Re: Tips for vendors

• Here's some starting points:

http://www.vegasgroom.com/Tipping-your-vendors_96.html

If you have any specifics you want to share about your vendors I'm sure we can give you better answers.

For example, chapel coordinators I am not inclined to tip as they work for the chapel and are paid a salary to do that job, so unless they perform some extraordinary tasks, a letter to their manager afterward complimenting them is more than sufficient.

HMU I'd tip, probably with photog too but you can always wait until you see how the pics come out.

I did not tip the florist even though she did a fantastic job; she charged a delivery fee that I felt adequately compensated her for the time required.

Dollar amounts and the "20% rule" don't always apply.  Our DJ bill was $3k for example, so I certainly wouldn't tip 20%.  On the other hand, our officiant bill was I think $120 and I tipped $50 because we loved him.  So it's kind of subjective.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited September 2014
    Good to know!
    I was wondering about that 22% service fee that is attached to the packages. I'm glad that is considered the tip. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards