Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridal Party Gifts

I almost have all of my bridesmaids thank you gifts purchased. I am leaving the groomsmen/usher gifts up to the FI. I asked the FI what he thought would be a good gift for his parents. His response, "We don't have to get our parents gifts." Ugh! I tried explaining to him that they do get a thank you gift, especially since they helped pay for part of the wedding. He still thinks they don't need anything. I am going to still get them something because I feel like that is the right thing to do. I am struggling with coming up with a great gift idea. My bridesmaids were easy to buy for. I got them different things that included their hobbies or interests. His parents though...I am stuck. Would it be totally lame to get them a heart felt card with a note in it that when they wedding photos are finished our photographer is going to make them a nice album?

Re: Bridal Party Gifts

• I almost have all of my bridesmaids thank you gifts purchased. I am leaving the groomsmen/usher gifts up to the FI. I asked the FI what he thought would be a good gift for his parents. His response, "We don't have to get our parents gifts." Ugh! I tried explaining to him that they do get a thank you gift, especially since they helped pay for part of the wedding. He still thinks they don't need anything. I am going to still get them something because I feel like that is the right thing to do. I am struggling with coming up with a great gift idea. My bridesmaids were easy to buy for. I got them different things that included their hobbies or interests. His parents though...I am stuck. Would it be totally lame to get them a heart felt card with a note in it that when they wedding photos are finished our photographer is going to make them a nice album?
    I think that sounds like a lovely gift, and your bridesmaid gifts are nicely thoughtful as well. 

• That's a fairly popular parent gift, so no, it would not be lame.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • That sounds perfectly fine - DH and I each wrote our parents a letter that included letting them know that we would get them a print of their choice from our photographer and have it framed for them.
  • That's what I want.
  • I just didn't want it to look weird with everyone else opening a physical gift. Thank you for your help ladies!
  • That gift idea sounds fine. Does your FI know about it? I'd make sure that he knows so that you don't surprise him / them.
  • @sarahbear31

Yes, he knows about bridal party gifts. He is getting something for the groomsmen/ushers. He just didn't think his parents needed anything. One of the many ettiquette things I had to explain to him. His family is pretty laid back, but they still give gifts for birthdays and Christmas. So I know they will love getting one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards