October 2014 Weddings
Options

RSVP Response Cards That Are Missing

Hi Ladies,

Our deadline on the RSVP response cards is the 17th and we have only received about half of the cards back.  For any of the cards that are missing, is it proper etiquette to call each person and find out if they are coming?  We have to give our final headcount to the venue next week.  What are your thoughts or what are you planning on doing?

Re: RSVP Response Cards That Are Missing

• Options
    Yes completely proper! It might help to split up the phone calls for missing RSVPs between yourself and your FI based on who hasn't responded though. For example, if I'm missing response from FI's mom's side, then it's up to her and him to contact those people. If the missing responses are my family, it will be my job or my parent's job based on our relationship, to contact that person. Don't start calling on the 17th though. For whatever reason, people seem to like to mail in their rsvp's on that day. Try to give 1 or 2 days for late rsvp's to come in before you start calling.

• Options
    My RSVP date was the 12th. I sent reminders to people I'm close with/bridal party last week. I get that some people forget. But one of my cousins who i dont see very often and Im not terribly close to i messaged the day after but after I checked my mail. I wanted to make sure that he didnt send it the day or two prior. I have a great grandfather in FL that I haven't received I will be calling tonight but  I'll check the mail. I think proper etiquette is to wait until after the RSVP date. I'd give it at least till Wednesday.

• Options
    Thanks Ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards