Snarky Brides

Spin-off: Share the Ugliest Bridesmaid Dresses

Re: Spin-off: Share the Ugliest Bridesmaid Dresses

• NONONONONONONO. FUCK NO. NOPE.

• I found a few lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2014
    My mother wore a navy blue lace monstrosity in my aunt's first wedding. WITH dyed-to-match lace pumps. AND a matching headpiece. Which at least was not quite as terrible as the bride's white satin cowboy hat with attached veil. The worst part though, is that my mother actually chose the dresses/shoes/hats. She's not sure what she was thinking. Sadly, I don't have the pictures, but I will see how close I can get with google images.

It was sort of like this, but long sleeves, full length skirt (I wore it many many times playing dress-up, as well as the shoes, lol)

shoes like this, as I said, dyed to match:

And the headpiece was one of these numbers, again in the same blue lace:

I looked for the bride's hat as a bonus but nothing conveyed the true awfulness well enough.

ETA: I believe this wedding took place in '88 or '89, as I was a toddler (dressed to match my mother for pictures though I was not actually in the wedding).
  • I was cruising the web and came across these dandies:
  • @doeydo, those honestly look like the togas we use to create for ourselves for fraternity parties in college.  That's sad.  
    jynxiie the second set I actually don't think is horrible if they were going for a peacock theme; however, they are far too short.

I love this thread. 

• This thread is definitely reinforcing my idea to tell the BMs: Colors are navy, maroon, grey. Wear something with those colors in it. Whatever makes you happy.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • I am the one standing immediately to the left of the bride. Notice how these dresses do not fit any of us. Girl on the far right has way too much extra in the bust, girl next to me has a tummy pouch. My tummy pouch was cleverly hidden by my bouquet. Unfortunately, the enormous bow at my hip was hiding 5 safety pins because my dress was not finished.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    NONONONONONONO. FUCK NO. NOPE.

I went to a halloween party as barbie last year, and I tell you that my outfit looked exactly like that. 

Like that blonde girl might actually be me in a wig.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• vulpiepop said:
    When bridesmaids become bouquets:

Maybe if they were smaller. that huge it looks cheesy and kinda stupid,
    to bad some of the worst ones were posted already. my mom made my flower girls dress for my one sisters wedding. it was awful...... wish i knew where those pictures were. i think they got burned after the divorce. 

WUT.
    This HAS to be a Romanical Gypsy bride.
  • kasmith1 said:

These look like rustic chic threw up on a Disney princess theme.
    I was thinking Disney theme or a bad ballet outfit.

• jalem616 said:
    vulpiepop said:
    When bridesmaids become bouquets:

Maybe if they were smaller. that huge it looks cheesy and kinda stupid,
    We totally still sell these at DB. You'd be amazed how many people LOVE them. They were apparently featured on Gossip Girl so people dig that. We have a nickname for them but I won't say it here ... ;)
  • I... I don't know what's happening here:

I love that the bride and the MOH/BM to her left are sort of holding hands. :)
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    This looks a lot like my cousin's wedding in 1986. I remember thinking it was the coolest idea EVER and couldn't wait to do the same thing at my wedding. 

The GMs had coordinating pastel, rainbow vests and bow ties, and the gigantic wedding cake had coordinating, pastel ribbons that ran down to seven smaller cakes.

• This looks a lot like my cousin's wedding in 1986. I remember thinking it was the coolest idea EVER and couldn't wait to do the same thing at my wedding. 

The GMs had coordinating pastel, rainbow vests and bow ties, and the gigantic wedding cake had coordinating, pastel ribbons that ran down to seven smaller cakes.

This also looks like one of my cousins' wedding... pastel colored rainbow!  I was the flower girl and she had like 8 bridesmaids which were all different pastel shades and the men also had matching vests and ties... I guess it was a trend?
  • The rainbow was and still is a trend. These are modern versions of it:

• wrigleyville said: This looks a lot like my cousin's wedding in 1986. I remember thinking it was the coolest idea EVER and couldn't wait to do the same thing at my wedding. 
    What... in the
    hell is the bride sitting on to get the dress like that? She looks like Miss Muffet on her Tuffet. 

• Also, I could be wrong, but I thought some of the rainbow trend started coming back as gay marriage started becoming legal.  Pride-themed weddings. 

• This looks a lot like my cousin's wedding in 1986. I remember thinking it was the coolest idea EVER and couldn't wait to do the same thing at my wedding. 

What... in the hell is the bride sitting on to get the dress like that? She looks like Miss Muffet on her Tuffet.  Oh my GOD!  I didn't even notice that was the bride when I first looked at it.  I was looking at the bridesmaids and must have thought it was some weird poofy-cloud-decoration-monstronsity-thing.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• kipper88 said:
    This looks a lot like my cousin's wedding in 1986. I remember thinking it was the coolest idea EVER and couldn't wait to do the same thing at my wedding. 

What... in the hell is the bride sitting on to get the dress like that? She looks like Miss Muffet on her Tuffet. 
    Oh my GOD!  I didn't even notice that was the bride when I first looked at it.  I was looking at the bridesmaids and must have thought it was some weird poofy-cloud-decoration-monstronsity-thing.
    How the FUCK did I not notice that before????
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Awww, someone already got to the Vera Wang vagina dresses. 

@MagicInk the girl next to you looks horrifically depressed. 

The only time I was a BM was for my sister's wedding in 1999. Our dresses weren't too bad, but they definitely looked like Easter dresses more than anything, and they definitely did not get worn again. I can't find a pic of me, but I'm resisting temptation to post a pic of my sister because it is the pinnacle of 90s wedding fashion. 
  • FiancB said:
    Awww, someone already got to the Vera Wang vagina dresses. 

@MagicInk the girl next to you looks horrifically depressed. 

The only time I was a BM was for my sister's wedding in 1999. Our dresses weren't too bad, but they definitely looked like Easter dresses more than anything, and they definitely did not get worn again. I can't find a pic of me, but I'm resisting temptation to post a pic of my sister because it is the pinnacle of 90s wedding fashion. 
    I think you meant @InkDancer. :)
  • beethery said:
    kipper88 said:

What... in the hell is the bride sitting on to get the dress like that? She looks like Miss Muffet on her Tuffet. 
    Oh my GOD!  I didn't even notice that was the bride when I first looked at it.  I was looking at the bridesmaids and must have thought it was some weird poofy-cloud-decoration-monstronsity-thing.
    How the FUCK did I not notice that before???? Are we not going to talk about the demon painting in the background either?  Seriously, it's creepy as hell.  I know it's probably just a portrait, but why does it look that way?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards