Pre-wedding Parties

Invitation Timing for a Destination Bachelorette Party

ErinLK485ErinLK485 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2014 in Pre-wedding Parties
I am currently planning a destination bachelorette party which will require flying for about 70% of the ladies. Of course there is no pressure for anyone to attend but I do want to give them enough time to find inexpensive flights and save as much money as possible should they choose to come. That being said, should I send the invitations out earlier?

The bride and her fiance both come from large families with many cousins they are close to. I'm worried that sending the information out by word of mouth may not get all the right information to all the right places/ people since I don't know all of them. BUT I also don't want to send the invitations out way too early and make people feel pressured to plan their lives around this event.

Suggestions?

Re: Invitation Timing for a Destination Bachelorette Party

• Have you inquired with the the people you are inviting what their budgets are and if they are up for a destination bach party?  I would be hesitant about planning a destination bach party until I knew that the majority of the people being invited could make it.  I would hate to plan it all out, send out invites and then only have a few people be able to come because of cost and also time off/away from their everyday lives.

• Yes, all the major role players are able to come and the date was picked by everyone. It is also within all of their budgets to make the trip (a rarity- I know). I just want to give all the other ladies enough time to plan if they would like to celebrate with us.
  • Honestly, I don't think you should send invites out anymore then 2 months in advance.  Two months is plenty of time for most people to decide if they can come and book their flights.  Since the major players are good to go then any additional people that can come are just a cherry on top. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards