Oregon
Options

Acadian/Arista Ballroom - WARNING!

I just had my reception at this venue and all I can say it DO NOT USE THEM! They were super nice at first and I thought everything was going to work out great. Turns out the night of our reception the "Event Manager of the Day" was a total jerk. He was rude from the moment we walked into the ballroom. He was thrown off completely by how the DJ announced tables to go to the buffet because no one was going... and top it off they were unwilling or able to allow us to do our toasting 1/2 before the scheduled time. They cut our expensive cake in crappy pieces and left in all the wooden spikes in our guests’ pieces of cake. Really the icing on the cake was when the event manager of the day stuck his fingers in my back and the DJ's back (pretty darn hard) and told us it was time for us to leave. I have more detail for you, but I don't want this to go on forever. The deal at the Acadian sounds good, but please listen when I say don't use them. It's not worth a penny! I would be more than willing to talk with anyone about this, if you would like.

Re: Acadian/Arista Ballroom - WARNING!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    deja vu
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel like I've seen this exact same post before...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We heard you the first time. 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's no need to be rude to thomasjulieor. She has as much right to speak her opinion on here as much as she wants just like the rest of you! If you don't like it then don't read it! Obviously it was a horrible experience and she's hoping to keep it from happening to other brides!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    michelle, they aren't trying to be rude. the OP has just posted this exact thing not that long ago... it's strange to have it reposted, AGAIN.
    My little loves
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're not the boss of me, michelleandchristopher.  Whateva!  Whateva!  I do what I want!
  • Options
    thomasjulieorthomasjulieor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the thing - I really, really don't want others to go through what I did.  This day was supposed to be great and due to some inner issues with day of event manager, my day wasn't as good as it could have been.  I really want other brides to really question if this is a place they want to use. They need to question if they want to take the chance there could be a reoccurring issue like mine.   I would hope you would offer suggestion/recommendations etc... on vendors you used.  This helps others make decisions for their wedding day.  If you ever see this post in the future (don't worry - you will) just ignore it and move on to others.  There is no point in making your comments that don't add value.  Just move to other posts that interest you.  There is absolutely no point in being rude.  Please just move on if you see this post in the future...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well said! Congratulations on your Wedding thomasjulieor!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vendor reviews are appreciated and encouraged on this board.  But when it's the same post over and over again (as you have said we should expect), then it starts to lose it's impact and comes off wrong.  Perhaps in the future you can offer your experience to brides who come here specifically asking about the Acadia/ Arista Ballroom who I'm sure will appreciate it.  No one was being rude.  Except maybe Cali.  But she's the mod and does what she wants. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually thomas, I was being nice by leaving this up.  Most mods consider this sort of thing "spam" and delete it right away.  Do it again and you get banned.  But I'm so kind and forgiving, I let it slide.  And until recently, the Knot didn't even allow what they call "vendor bashing".  So if you have a beef, file it with the BBB.  But if you repost this same thing again, I will delete it faster than a chain email promising me $100 million if I just hand over my bank account and social security numbers.Thank you and have a nice day.*jazz hands*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cali you crack me up! thomasjulieor... don't get your feelings hurt. They aren't trying to be mean. It's just the rules and it's what keeps the board happening and new, rather than same old same old. You can review them on google too and many other places that more brides would actually see than just the knot. GL, and go get those losers at Acadian!
    My little loves
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, it’s a bit ridiculous and pathetic how Cali is (I’m assuming this is her nickname).  It’s such a shame that someone with little going for them can attempt to be so rude and try to be a Portland Knot Bully (are you really 10 years old?)  Cali, seriously no one is making you look at this post nor future ones.  It appears you have nothing better to do than constantly read these... make your little comments and try to be as rude as possible.  You should set aside some time and come up with new resume comments b/c at this point you just sound and look trashy.  If you don’t add any value – don’t say anything - move on and get a life!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with thomasjulieor. If you don't like it then just don't look at it, move onto another board. It's not vendor bashing if it really happend and there are no names mentioned! And Cali is the one doing the bashing to a bride simply trying to warn other potentional brides that also may be assaulted if they choose this venue. It's not illegal if it's the truth!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, do you guys know what a moderator is? Did you read the blurb at the top of the page? Cali, in exchange for fruitbaskets and Vicki cookies and shiits and giggles, reads the posts on the board and deletes those that violate knot policy. Welcome to the internets.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to be sad if I have to delete this post.  Because I'd really prefer to frame it and hang it above my mantel.Yes, welcome to the Knot.  I am the board moderator.  And because my previous explanation contained too many syllables for you to get the first time, I'll try to get my message across in a way you can understand better:No post this again or it go bye-bye.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to give this post a star!I like what mayfly said about keeping an eye out for other brides who post up asking about the ballroom and giving them specific feedback instead of weekly warning posts. Also, when brides get married, they usually create a vendor review in their bio that future brides find handy. I created one and theknot ate it up but it does help when others are searching for reviews on vendors.Cali was asked by knot annie to watch this board and make sure rules were followed so it doesn't become a big advertising page for vendors. Most moderators (MODS for short) would have deleted your post. She didn't and was trying to joke with you about it. If you look at the top of OR board page, it lists Cali as our moderator.I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my concern is that it was the exact same post cut and pasted from OP.  It makes it look like a made-up post.
  • Options
    PDXPhotoGrlPDXPhotoGrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thomasjulieor: I'm sorry your pretty princess day was spoiled, that sounds like it sucked and I mean that sincerely.But, there's absolutely no reason for you to make personal attacks on Caliope.Get a grip, have a coke and a smile, and STFU.That goes for you too, Michelle.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is hilarious. Even after she read that cali is the moderator she still bashed her. Too funny.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No guys, you've got it wrong!  Telling someone their posting is against Knot rules = bashing.  Calling someone trashy =/= bashing.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have some kids I need to beat up so I can take their lunch money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cali- You look so trashy pumping that gas.  You know you should stay in OR where we have people to do that for us. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What I posted is not against TheKnot rules.  Get over yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie needs a hug.  Having wooden spikes left in your cake slices automatically means your marriage is forever doomed.  You should sue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    copy pasted from the knot rules*** Please keep in mind that The Knot Message Boards are not to be used for posting complaints and defamatory comments about vendors. All defamatory posts are subject to removal at The Knot's sole discretion. We are concerned that you be treated fairly and that other brides are warned of any bad apples in this business.You have the option of contacting the vendor directly, or if an official complaint is appropriate, you may contact the Better Business Bureau at http://www.bbb.org.The use of The Knot message boards, wedding web pages, and chat room is at your own risk. The Knot, Inc. is not responsible for the content and conduct you may encounter. We reserve the right to remove any material from the message boards and wedding web pages at any time. We also reserve the right, if you violate any of these rules, to remove you from the chat room, delete your Knot membership, or to inform your Internet service provider at our discretion. (THIS IS CALI'S JOB!)why don't YOU move along now? most of these girls have been here for YEARS, long before you and I even had rings.
    My little loves
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My point exactly shortycole2.  They have been here for years.  They have had their wedding - been apart of this board for years and need to move on.  Their wedding window is now over - why would long time married woman want to stay here for so long?  Move on - stop being rude!  This isn't the first posting I've seen them be rude.  They love to be rude to just about anyone.  There is a time you need to move on to the baby section, home purchasing section... or self improvement section.  Move on long time married woman.  This board is meant for woman who are getting married or just got married.  Your time is OVER!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope you know that it's the women who have been married that guide those of us that haven't been married in selecting vendors, what to expect, etc. They are a valuable resource. If you don't like that maybe YOU should move on. And stop posting the exact same post twice in a row within a week's time. Someone needs attention.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So thomas, what are you hanging around here for if you're already married?  Shouldn't you be on some house buying/baby making board by now?The sad thing is that this freak-out you're having is totally marginalizing your original point that the Acadian/Arista Ballroom mistreated you on your wedding day and other brides should beware.  So please, breathe into a paper bag for a bit and regain your composure.  If people post in the future asking for information on the Acadian/Arista Ballroom, feel free to repost this story.  Put it in your bio as a vendor review.  But reposting this same thing over and over again on the board is considered spam and it's against Knot rules.  Them's the breaks, kid.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that some of the girls here understand that the old marrieds are not here to just pick fights and be mean.  Believe me, some of the posts I see here make me want to say some brutally honest stuff that might hurt the OP's feelings, so I don't.  I stayed here for so long because the nest sucks and we had a fun, busy board.  Now, it's kind of slow and the new girls don't talk much but I still pop in to see if there are any posts I can answer.  A few months back, someone asked about the Jupiter Hotel and I got married there, so I replied.  I don't post much because most of the stuff being asked, I am no help with.It's annoying to have the same post repeated and we said what most other girls on here thought.  I had a bad experience with my photographer and I didn't love the place I got my cake, but I don't post the same WARNING post every month.  If people ask about those vendors, I chime in and give my feedback. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not just for those of us recently married or not yet married. You don't get to decide who is allowed on and who is not. We need the OMLs to help us weed through all the options! The Knot gets to make the rules, and spam is against them. We value your opinion. No one said anything the first time you posted this. If someone asks about the Acadian in the future, then post what happened. Report them to BBB, make a vendor review in your bio, review them online, whatever. Do you see how slow this board is???? Do you honestly think posting this every week is going to reach a lot of new people????
    My little loves
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to give this thread a big, wet, sloppy kiss because I lub it so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards