Moms and Maids

MOH/MOHjr placement issues

My wedding is October 10th of this year and I am having a bit of an issue trying to figure out placement for my girls. My best friend is my MOH and my younger sister is my MOHjr. I want my sister to stand next to me though. My FH is starting to be ok with it but I have the feeling my best friend who is my MOH won't.

What should I do to settle this before any drama starts?

Re: MOH/MOHjr placement issues

• Jpikey89 said:
    My wedding is October 10th of this year and I am having a bit of an issue trying to figure out placement for my girls. My best friend is my MOH and my younger sister is my MOHjr. I want my sister to stand next to me though. My FH is starting to be ok with it but I have the feeling my best friend who is my MOH won't. What should I do to settle this before any drama starts?
    Well, you can drop the 'junior' for starters. You don't say how old your sister is, but that doesn't really matter as no one wants to be reminded that they're 'so cute and little and PRECIOUS!!!' which is exactly what 'junior' says.

And your fiancé is 'starting to be ok with it?' He can get over himself because he gets absolutely zero say in your attendants and how they stand.

And if your best friend is really going to start drama over having your own sister stand next to you on your wedding day, I kind of start to wonder if she's that good a friend to have. Of course, it's also possible you're just projecting and she'll be perfectly understanding.
  • Why can't they both just be maids of honor? It's okay to have more than one MOH, honest.
  • Lose the "junior."  Also, lose your FI's involvement in who is standing up on your side and how.  It's not up to him, just as it's not up to you who is standing up on his side and how.

As for your best friend, if she's really your best friend, she needs to get over whatever issues she has with it.
  • Jpikey89 said:
    My wedding is October 10th of this year and I am having a bit of an issue trying to figure out placement for my girls. My best friend is my MOH and my younger sister is my MOHjr. I want my sister to stand next to me though. My FH is starting to be ok with it but I have the feeling my best friend who is my MOH won't. What should I do to settle this before any drama starts?
    Your FI is just starting to be okay with the fact that you want your younger sister to stand next to you during your wedding?  Fuck him!  Seriously, why would he even be concerned with who stands next to you let alone finally start being okay with your decision?

And for crying out loud, your friend will just have to get over it.  It is just a fucking spot that she has to stand in for 20 minutes, it does not mean that any one person is more or less important to you because they are standing further away from you.

This is such a non-issue that I wouldn't even waste one more minute on trying to explain any type of reasoning you may have to either your FI or your friend.  You want your sister to stand next to you so that is what you should do.  Period.  No explanation or apology is necessary.

• I don't think this should be a big deal. You want your sister to stand next to you so she will.

Anniversary
  • I am confused why this is even an issue. If you want your sister to stand next to you, have your sister stand next to you. And your fiance is a dick if he has any qualms about it. And please explain why he has qualms b/c I would love to know.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • agree this is a non issue.  They all get to stand up there with you; so if your friend throws a fit she is not standing the closest to you she needs to get over herself.  I never will understand why some people get so upset about the roles in a wedding....they all DO the same thing.  I had 3 MOHs technically.  They were just happy for me period.  No one bitched about who got to hold my flowers and fix my dress.

Anniversary
  • Well wow. I did not expect these kinds of answers, but I thank you for all of them. 

I am going with having my sister stand next to me. End of story. The junior part was just for her age, but I understand what you ladies mean by dropping the junior. I still consider her cute and little and precious though even though she is starting to tower over me. All good though

The only reason my fiance had an issue with it was because he thought that if I had my sister stand next to me, and not my best friend, that he would have to move his best man to the second in line. It had been a major miscommunication but we got it solved.

So the end result is sister will stand next to me and any drama that comes along will be dealt with. 

But wow. Such replies. So honest and awesome. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards