North Carolina

Asheville Biltmore in December HELP!!!!

So I am thinking about having my wedding at the Butterfly Gardens and Conservatory at the Biltmore in December. I live in Florida, so this will be a small destination wedding. Under 50 guests. Does anyone know of what the weather is like for the month of December in Asheville? My fiancé's parents have a house in the mountains in Mars Hill, which we visited around Christmas last year, but I'm not sure what the weather at the Biltmore will be like in December. We LOVE Asheville. Does it snow much? Rain much? How cold does it get? Any help would be appreciated. I love the idea of getting married in early to mid December and this would work best with our schedules. Also, if anyone else that has been married at the Biltmore has any added input or tips about the venue I would love to hear it. Date in mind: December 10th or 17th, 2016.

Re: Asheville Biltmore in December HELP!!!!

• Sorry to say this, but from a native I can tell you to expect high in the 40s, low in the 30s. Slight chance of snow but very little rain. I would not plan anything outside here in the month of December. The gardens will not have anything blooming. You could do something at the Inn, and still take photos around the house and gardens, as long as you are bundled up!

• I'd second not doing anything outside in December. The times we visited Asheville in the winter, it was almost painful to be outside (until we'd been to a few breweries at least). Humid cold is bone chilling. Also, it doesn't snow much and is rainy and overcast from what I've experienced. An indoor wedding with hot drinks could be nice, but I wouldn't do anything outside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards