Wedding Woes

Wacky Wednesday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited September 2014 in Wedding Woes
It's really not that wacky, I'm just bored. 

DH got home *super* late last night because he had a shit day at work.  I guess there was a surprise corporate visit that only the director knew about and didn't share with anyone.  And there was also some throwing under the bus going on and some dressing down about 'not being engaged'. (I hate corportate speak about being 'engaged'.  It's thrown around a lot in my company and it means *nothing* to me now). Even DH's manager was thrown by the visit and everything that ensued.  We'll see what happens today.  

I'm glad DH is all about being organized about moving.  He was making all sorts of lists last night.  I really appreciate that he wants to take the inititive on this because the rest of the house selling/buying shitshow has been on me for the most part. 

DefConn has been in a kissy mood lately.  I love it. 

Re: Wacky Wednesday

• DH's boss is out all week so he's been crazy busy with meetings. He's scheduled from 8-12:30 and 1-4 today.  His 1-4 is across campus from the morning meetings and his car.  His whole week has been at least like that.  The only reason he gets stuff done is because he's in by 6. 

• Yesterday was DH's day off and he needed it to just relax (yes, I did ask him to make me breakfast).

He's been working 6/week since the spring and this past weekend was his first time having two days off in a row in a couple months, only the second time since spring.  And we didn't relax at all on our trip, so he was beat.

He'll have Sunday and Tuesday off for a couple months (we think) and then he'll be back to working Sundays again early in the new year, unless they finally hire someone to do the job.
  • Also, DD2 has a rash all over her body from her antibiotic.  Dr. Google told me that there's nothing you need to do about it, that it will go away once she stops taking it.  It's not itchy but it has spread to her face.

Our dr's office said don't give her any more until the nurse calls back.  She has ONE dose left.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    DHs and work, I tells ya!  I found out that the huge fire drill I was complaining about was because several billion-with-a-B dollars just disappeared, in theory.  Nothing happened to the money (it's not like it was all sitting in a vault and then it was gone), but one minute it was accounted for and the next it wasn't.  It got escalated up to the board, they were getting twitchy, and now it has been "found" and hopefully all the loose ends will be tied up today.

But DH is tired and cranky.  This morning he was in his closet grumbling, and then he poked his head out and asked if I'd picked up the dry cleaning.  I told him I'm doing it at lunch today.  (I was going to do it Monday, but we had an unscheduled work lunch that I couldn't skip.  And yesterday I had to get DD new soccer gear because her cleats were pinching her toes, and she didn't like the sock guards and wanted the kind of shin guards that go over your socks instead.  And she needed them for practice last night, so dry cleaning got bumped again.)  So he pulls a straight up Woozle and crabs "Now I have to wear this shirt and I don't even like this shirt!"  Because it has French cuffs, the poor lamb.  And he didn't know where his cufflinks were following the move (I did, fortunately), and then I had to do them for him, and then Woozle-style he concluded with "I still don't like this shirt." 

I may have been slightly uncharitable.  I may have told him that if my schedule of running 100% of the household errands isn't working for him, then by all means, he's free to handle his own cleaning.  Or, god forbid, buy a couple more shirts so that a two day delay doesn't force him to wear his 'yucky' shirt.  I may have told him that the next time DD needs new cleats, he can go buy them, and that will free me up to get the dry cleaning.  I hope his work mess really does wrap up today and he sleeps for like 12 hours tonight and wakes up cheerful tomorrow. 
  • @tawillers, poor DD2, that stinks.  Glad she's almost done, anyway.
  • Ugh.  I was asked or really backed into a corner yesterday by my brother to testify on his behalf with some financial stuff regarding his pending divorce, etc.  And this will happen tomorrow.  He asked me at 8:15 last night---H got home at Midnight, and I proceeded to lay awake in bed for about 2.5 hours.  That was fun. /sarcasm

So needless to say I did NOT get up this morning, I did NOT run this morning---but I did crawl out of bed to come to work early in case I miss work for that ^points up.  Of course I have no idea when it's happening, and might be subpoenaed.  Fun times.
  • Taw- Poor DD.  DefConn had that happen the last time he took amox (to which he's now allergic). 

Heffa-Your description of your H was making me laugh.  But I would have yelled at my H for acting like that.  I would have been all sorts of "take care of your own shit, then."

O-How stressful. I'm sorry you have to get involved with that.  It does not sound pleasant at all.   I hope it's just the one time. 

DH found the kiddo's mom's FB page.  She had one before, but I think she deactivated it for awhile. 

A) she has two kids who look about 8 and 6.  The older one looks so much like the kiddo.  It was freaking me out a bit. 

B) she looks *rough*.  Like 10+ years older rough. I don't think she's stopped living hard.  Her mom, who's obviously had a face lift, looks younger than her. 
  • I'm sorry O and Heffa and everyone else.

Someone asked me if 6let andM2 were twins.  Huh?  He's 8" taller and 15 lbs heavier

• Morning. DS woke up this morning with two huge bug bites, one is on his leg and he's complaining of it hurting when he walks. So we're going to the pedi this afternoon because these feckers are like 2 inches in diameter and the cortisone cream I put on has done nothing. Too much rain around here and now we've got Mosquitos like crazy. Blech.

Heffa, DH will do the same thing. Thankfully, we just went and bought him like 12 new shirts. I don't have time to deal with ironing, dry cleaning, etc. Pants are another matter though- he's fat and refuses to admit it but he has like 5 pairs that fit comfortably. 
  • Dh wears a uniform and still has issues. Some weeks he'll get 4 pants and six shirts some weeks no shirts and 7 pants. They also like to give him varying amounts of long sleeved shirts...to work in a powerhouse....over the summer.
  • PMeg819 said:

Heffa, DH will do the same thing. Thankfully, we just went and bought him like 12 new shirts. I don't have time to deal with ironing, dry cleaning, etc. Pants are another matter though- he's fat and refuses to admit it but he has like 5 pairs that fit comfortably. 
    Yes, the pants denial!  Ugh, just buy some pants.  And some shirts, while you're there.

I tried to be patient in the beginning, because I know it's been a rough few days for him, but by the end I was not very sweet.  Seriously, do your own errands if this isn't working for you, or find some other way to solve the problem that doesn't involve whining at me.  It's not like I blew off picking up the cleaning to drink wine and get a pedi.  There are dry cleaners in every strip mall, have at it.

@mrs.conn, I forget, does Kiddo ever see biomom?  Does he know the 8 y.o. and 6 y.o. at all?  None of my beeswax, just curious.  It sounds like it would be so hard to have her for a biomom, that's all.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2014
    Heffalump said:

@mrs.conn, I forget, does Kiddo ever see biomom?  Does he know the 8 y.o. and 6 y.o. at all?  None of my beeswax, just curious.  It sounds like it would be so hard to have her for a biomom, that's all.
    Nope, nope, nope.  He doesn't even know his brothers exist.  She hasn't seen him since he was 2.  We haven't heard from her since the day after his second brother (the 8 year old) was born.  If he expresses real interest in meeting her, we'll head down that road.  Otherwise, we'll just keep monitoring her from afar. DH talks on and off about going after her for child support.  It's not worth the headache, $$, and intrusion into our lives. 
  • Kiddo is lucky to have you. I can't imagine how hard this is on all of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards