Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Sound-Off: How did you know they were the one?

Hi Knotties!

What moment with your future (or current) partner made you think "Yup, they're the one"?

Let us know! :)

Re: Sound-Off: How did you know they were the one?

• Options
    When he took care of me when I was sick.... and all the wonderful backrubs when im stressed!!
  • Options
    My first time driving on base to visit him (and meet his kids), I got pulled over for speeding.  I was a wreck, and texted him to please come get me and drive me the rest of the way to his house.  I was in my car, he pulled up next to me, opened the door, and pulled me out for huge hug.  I knew when he showed up and looked so handsome in his sunglasses and how he came right to my rescue that I was in trouble.  :)

• Options
    While we lived in separate states, he missed his flight to come see me for Christmas, so he bought a GPS, jumped in his car, and drove all night from VA to TX to make sure we could be together for Christmas.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    When he was working weekend graveyards away from home. He would stay with his dad on the weekends & text me during his "lunch break" at 10 and when he got off work at 4am so when I woke up I knew he was home. One Sunday he didn't text me on his lunch or when he got off work. When I woke up at 7:30am and still hadn't heard from him, I panicked. I was calling, texting, sending messages on FB, and even started texting his sister who was at the house. He finally woke up and called me but it was in that time of my freaking out that I never wanted to be away from him like that and that I wanted to spend the rest of my life next to him. 
  • Options
    It took a bit, but it all started about 4 months into dating him. 
    I had been sitting there trying to find that inevitable dealbreaker moment I'd found with every other fellow. I had always been a bit skeptical about love- having every single person in my family divorced- so I never even really liked love songs. I would skip them in disney movies as a kid and roll my eyes. Sounds dark, I know- but that was just my way.

It was around that time that a love song came on. I started merrily singing along with it and then stopped. Oh my god. I'm singing a love song. Genuinely enjoying it! :) I loved him.

He was kind, responsible, funny, and we agreed on all the big things. He was everything I could have asked for in another person and was quickly becoming my best friend- and he made me discover what romantic love was- and start liking romantic songs. It was about then that I knew he was different from everybody else. He was my first real Valentine too (and I was his!) 
  • Options
    We both knew when our second date lasted over 8 hours, and we kept trying to come up with more things to do so he could stay longer. That was not easy since we live in central IL and it was January.
  • Options
    When I saw his paychecks.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    When I saw his paychecks.
    I saw the package first. The paycheck made me sign for the package. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards