Flowers
Options

Should I trust this vendor?

So, I found a florist that has amazing reviews, amazing and unique arrangements, and great prices to boot. I first emailed to express my interest (no response). Then, I called and left a voicemail. She finally emailed back and we scheduled a time to talk on the phone. I called, it went to voicemail again, and we rescheduled. A few days later, the same thing happened again; we rescheduled for a second time and finally spoke on the phone (for about an hour!) Then, she asked me to send more information and she would give me a quote. I sent the email, a week went by so I emailed back to check, and she told me she would have the quote by Tuesday (yesterday). I still haven't gotten it. Is this typical of busy vendors or are these raising red flags? She has 100% positive reviews so I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'm worried how dependable she would be on the day of the wedding! Any input would be appreciated---thanks!

Re: Should I trust this vendor?

• Options
    Do any of the reviews online mention lack of communication or anything like that? Usually reviews point out the bad stuff so it does seem odd to have this bad experience and reviews are all positive. Or perhaps then I might not trust the reviews... Me personally I would keep looking although if I couldn't find anything comparable I might end up going with her but make sure expectations are in writing in the contract for when things are available, etc
  • Options
    Are you speaking via phone and email because this florist is out of state for you?  If not, why aren't you going to speak to her in person?  Does she not have a store front, but rather works out of her home?  If she does have a store front, put down the phone, turn off the computer and get in your car and stop by her store.

• Options
    Right, she doesn't have a storefront--she works out of home/farm. 
  • Options
    I'd find another florist.  She doesn't seem all that dependable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards