Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday...yay!

Ooh people are working my nerve already this morning.   I hate hurricane season.  People are always *the worst*.  No understanding that we're doing the best we can, but need to draw a line in the sand somewhere.  I feel for airline call centers right now. 

DH and I have to work Saturday.  Boo.  But we're both off Wednesday, yay.  I think we're going to decide on a daycare for DefConn, finally.  We back-burnered it since our closing was pushed back. 

DefConn asked me the other night if we were really moving.  Ha.  He's so confused, since we've been all talk and no action. 

Reason 540635 why teen boys are odd.  The kiddo lets the next door neighbor borrow shoes every day.  The kid has shoes, but he wears the kiddos.  I wonder what's going to happen when we move.  

Re: Thursday...yay!

• Options
    Yay, indeed.

Tonight we're going to the homecoming parade.  This will be our first time showing high school spirit.  Really, we're only going because DD1 knows about it from school and has been talking about it all week.  She wore her blue and yellow to school and is really pumped, for some reason.  Son never cared about this stuff.
  • Options
    Ohhh!!  I just remembered that BIL/SIL(BFF) are coming home from Ireland today!  They've been gone 2 weeks.  I've been having withdrawls because we talk at least once a day.  I can't wait to hear all about their trip.
  • Options
    My sister sent me a txt this morning - "2 weeks until Vegas!" - I looked at the calendar and tried to figure out what happened to September. 

so, yeah - 2 weeks until Vegas! 
  • Options
    My effing van doors don't work in power mode.  This is the ultimate first world problem...I have to open my own doors!
  • Options
    6---it matters, because you paid for that shit, yo.

I'm so tired.  I went out with H and his coworkers for her bday.  Got home at 1:30 and got to work at 7:30.  I am having a major pity party and I can't even pinpoint why.  Random reasons: tell me I'm crazy or not.

1.  I feel left out when going out with H and his co workers
    2.  H's closest friends at work are women
    3.  H texts and banters with these women like he banters with me
    4.  I'm a jealous hosebeast---ugh

It sucks and I fee like a loser for feeling this way, and I've tried to reconcile it with myself...give it a name, say it out loud, list my awesome qualities in my head---nothing works.  *SIGH*

*STROP*

I need a coffee, a cookie and a tiny moment.
  • Options
    It's okay to have feelings O.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    My effing van doors don't work in power mode.  This is the ultimate first world problem...I have to open my own doors!
    is this the same van that the door flew open when you were driving in the winter?
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:

is this the same van that the door flew open when you were driving in the winter?
    Same van.  This time it's both doors so most likely electrical.  I'm not impressed.
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    DH used to have this female BFF, B, that he went to high school with.  B moved back to our city a few years ago.  I was insanely jealous of her for about six months.  The level I had to work at to make myself be polite to her was ridiculous.  And she thought I was awesome and talked to me all the time, while I'm sitting back with jealousy streaking through everything.  ETA:  I just realized "a few years ago" is more like 8 years ago now.

The only thing I can pinpoint was that B was DH's female BFF before me.  There was never any inkling that there was anything between them and when I finally did get over it and 'fess up to her about it, she laughed so hard I think she might've sprung a muscle.

Embrace the irrationality and let yourself feel that way.  Just don't act on it.  Keep reminding yourself that you're jealous and it'll pass.
  • Options
    Insecurity and jealousy are just two things I really don't do well with. Blarghity.
  • Options
    o, you should dtmfa.

ywia!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards