Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Accountability

B- hot chocolate, yogurt with almonds

L-minestrone soup

S-apple

D- homemade pizza

S-trail mix and may be some wine

E- abs work out and Just Dance depending how sore I am from dance classes yesterday

Anniversary

Re: Thursday Accountability

• Options
    B: 2 eggs scrambled in a little bacon grease, 1 pc. bacon, raspberries, 1 pc. WW raisin toast with a little whipped butter

L: enchilada (ground beef and white bean with veggies) stuffed bell peppers topped with cheese, roasted green beans; watermelon

D: 1 c. ST Santa Fe Chicken over 1/2 c. brown rice, a few roasted green beans; fruit

WO: JM YM (before lessons) and JM 30DS L2 (after lessons) or a run.

I can tell I've softened up since I had to quit exercising so much and so hard. :(
  • Options
    B- Coffee coffee coffee

L- More grilled chicken and broccoli

D- Chicken and mushroom spaghetti and garlic bread noms

E- CF
  • Options
    B: 2 HB eggs, 4 slices of turkey
    L: Hammie sandwich from Potbelly
    D: ST Stuffed Pepper Soup maybe with brown rice

No snacks today because I likely won't have time in between meals

• Options
    Ugh, I weighed in at a pound heavier than my starting weight. I texted my former personal trainer (who is a good friend and one of my BMs) asking what was going on, and she thinks I need to lift more, take out some of the cardio, and refine my diet a bit more. *sigh* It could also be my body adjusting to working out and dieting again. She also told me to get my butt off the elliptical and onto the treadmill, but uuuuuuugh I hate running.

/whine

B - PB2, banana, snickerdoodle tea 
    S - Greek yogurt
    L - spinach tortilla with turkey and cheese, baby carrots, applesauce, sugar free Jello
    S - granola bar, string cheese
    D - probably tilapia with brown rice and some sort of veggie
    E - cardio and weights

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    eilis1228 said:
    Ugh, I weighed in at a pound heavier than my starting weight. I texted my former personal trainer (who is a good friend and one of my BMs) asking what was going on, and she thinks I need to lift more, take out some of the cardio, and refine my diet a bit more. *sigh* It could also be my body adjusting to working out and dieting again. She also told me to get my butt off the elliptical and onto the treadmill, but uuuuuuugh I hate running.

/whine

B - PB2, banana, snickerdoodle tea 
    S - Greek yogurt
    L - spinach tortilla with turkey and cheese, baby carrots, applesauce, sugar free Jello
    S - granola bar, string cheese
    D - probably tilapia with brown rice and some sort of veggie
    E - cardio and weights
    yup!

I just came across this and sent it to my H this morning...  we try not to eat much processed foods, but we've been slipping.  :(  LINK
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF It's hard not to eat processed foods when you work full time, which I'm sure you guys understand. :-\ What do you do to avoid eating processed foods? 

What I probably need to start doing is making more for dinner and then taking leftovers for lunch the next day. It's just so much easier to make a quick sandwich in the morning, but I know it's not as healthy as actually eating proper food that I prepared myself. I also need to get back in the habit of making my smoothies and lay off the PB2, but those take time in the morning as well. Definitely going to start prepping the night before.

I guess I could start making huge batches of stews/soups too on the weekends and eat that for lunch throughout the week... does anyone have good recipes for crock pot soups? 

• Options
    @eilis1228 - we consume full fat dairy (it's really better for you, PROMISE).  I cook big dinners so we just take it for lunch.  HB eggs for snacks, applesauce, fruit, nuts, dried fruit, deli meat.  I just try to eat as close to ground as possible.  we still have WW bread, but I make sure it's whole wheat/whole grain (look at the ingredients) and doesn't have weird stuff in it. 

I can't do the same lunch everyday, so that's why I just make bigger meals and do leftovers.  or I'll make a huge batch (like the ST Santa Fe Chicken) and we'll have it on Tuesday and Thursday or something like that.

we do eat rice and oats.
  • Options
    ...plus lifting does way more for your body than cardio.  I don't do heavy weights because I don't have a gym membership, but just doing cardio does nothing for a woman's body.  I don't care how many pounds I weigh, I just want my body to be lean and toned and to have sexy muscles.  :)  plus, the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism is and you'll burn more calories just resting.

maybe it's just me, but lean/muscular women are gorgeous!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF I definitely agree about lifting. I used to lift all the time, but then I basically stopped going to the gym for a couple of months and am trying to get back in the habit of it. My apartment gym has a bunch of free weights and benches, so I feel pretty lucky that I don't need a gym membership to lift. As for the dairy... I probably do need to start working more of the full fat dairy back into my life. In college I developed lactose intolerance, but I've found that the more probiotics I eat (i.e. the yogurt), the better I can digest dairy. FI thinks if I start real milk back into my diet then my body will readjust to digesting it. We'll see. When I don't eat yogurt, my body won't digest dairy well. When I do eat the yogurt, I can drink milk and eat ice cream and be fine. It's pretty crazy. I'll definitely take your advice though and incorporate more of the real dairy back into my diet. I need to also take your advice on the weight thing-- it's just a number... it's body fat percentage that really counts.

• Options
    @eilis1228 - I've heard goat's milk is really good.  if you don't drink a lot of milk, it shouldn't be too expensive.  I've even seen it in Sprout's recently, might try it this weekend!  I just put it in my coffee, so I don't drink a ton of it.

I've started taking probiotics every day for gut health.  I should eat more yogurt but I don't.  we do buy Stonyfield full fat french vanilla yogurt and OMG it's like eating cheesecake.  it's so thick and good!!!
  • Options
    B--green smoothie and coffee
    L--2 hardboiled eggs, raw veggies, 1 slice homemade wheat bread
    S--fruit (probably a banana) and almonds or string cheese; green tea
    D--tilapia, baked sweet potato, roast kale

E--Zumba, hopefully a run.

I've had a terrible couple of days, so definitely trying to hit reset today.  When I get depressed, I just eat anything that I don't have to prepare.  I ordered a pizza Tuesday night and ate the entire thing between then and yesterday.  Definitely not one of my finer moments.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian - mmmmmm, pizza.  definitely a guilty pleasure.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - Oh yes.  My favorite guilty pleasure other than Braum's ice cream.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian - it's almost pumpkin ice cream time at Braums!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards