New York-Upstate

Looking for a venue for just a reception, somewhere guests can sleep over nothing fancy

We are looking for something non traditional and low on the budget scale :) We will already be married earlier in the year and just looking for somewhere to have a party for our family and friends but looking for somewhere that is ours for the night. After the party we can have a fire and hangout without having a time limit that says "everyone out" and also somewhere where guests can stay overnight, camp or stay in the place that we already paid for. Places that we have looked up have been camp grounds, kids camps that are out of season, or renting a house on big grounds. We are having such a hard time finding this needle in a haystack type of venue in upstate New York anyone have any ideas :(

Re: Looking for a venue for just a reception, somewhere guests can sleep over nothing fancy

• You could try Paul Smith's College in the Adirondacks if you want both a nice fancy venue where people can stay and camp and have fires. I've also heard White Pine Camp in the Adirondacks does more rustic weddings. Good luck!
  • amynorm, did you end up booking a venue yet? I also am in upstate NY and trying to find something outdoors....
  • AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    amynorm, did you end up booking a venue yet? I also am in upstate NY and trying to find something outdoors....
    Have you looked into Forest Lake Camp, YMCA Silver Bay, or The Lodge on Echo Lake? All are summer camp properties in the Adirondacks. The Lodge on Echo Lake is pricier but has a lovely ballroom and has furnished cabins that guests can stay in. FLC and Silver Bay have dining hall areas and you can bring in your own caterer. Hope this helps! 

ETA: FLC and Silver Bay also have on site accommodations, but I am not sure about how furnished they are. Echo lake has actual beds and sofa beds in the larger cabins, and bunks in the smaller ones. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards