Chit Chat
Options

Trouble sleeping...

I haven't been able to sleep very well for the past month all because I start thinking about the wedding.
It's 9:22am and I have been up all night long. Tried sleeping for 3 hours - no luck.

I have no idea what I am going to do the night before the wedding?

Anyone else dealing with the sudden insomnia - any tips?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Trouble sleeping...

• Options
    I really don't have any advice.  I didn't have a problem sleeping during the planning process and the night before the wedding I slept like a baby, but that probably was partly because I had 3 glasses at wine at the RD.

What exactly are you worrying or thinking about at night that is keeping you up?  Is it something specific or is it a general worry?

As for the wedding night, you just need to keep reminding yourself that you planned everything to the best of your ability and no matter what happens there is nothing more you can do because really, at that point, what is done is done.  You need to put your trust in your vendors and just think about the fact that you get to wake up the next morning and marrying the man you love and that no matter what else happens it will still be a great day because of that one fact.  OR pop some ZzzQuil and fall asleep to your favorite show or movie.

• Options
    Unisom or melatonin. You can get both at CVS. 
  • Options
    I have been. I have been using Motrin PM if I really can't sleep. Otherwise I read in low light for like an hour before bed, and I don't go to bed until I feel tired. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Wine is always good for sleeping, no more than a cup though. I have already planned my zzzquill for the wedding eve cause I know I'll be too excited. I fortunately don't have any problems sleeping soundly the rest of the time so I hope you find a solution soon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think I will definitely have to take some zzzquil! 

And honestly... It's like I feel the NEED to write part of my vows at 4am today. Or I HAVE to learn some french, right this very second for the honeymoon. Not the next day, right that second. 
    I just HAD to write seating charts at 6am... 

It's insanity honestly. I know it doesn't make sense, yet my mind just will not let me rest. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I slept about two hours the night before my wedding and "woke up" feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. But it was still a wonderful, wonderful day and I had so much fun.
  • Options
    I definitely recommend ZzzQuil. It neever makes me feel tired. I also like to have a glass or two of red wine to help me sleep.

As far as HOW to not stress to much, I suggest working on some of these things in the evening and then reading or watching TV right before you sleep to get your mind off of it. Also, it is important tonot lay down until you are tired, otherwise you will just toss and turn.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards