Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Booked a suite...did i pay too much?

About a month ago, booked the MGM Skyline Terrace Suite, for our reception and wedding night stay. We chose the Skyline because of its gorgeous terrace views and wanted to give our guests that Vegas experience like a night in a crazy suite. We booked early due to the popularity of this suite especially for a Saturday. The price for one night about 1500 with a triple a discount and after tax. Deposit in full. Now I'm wondering if we paid too much. Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Booked a suite...did i pay too much?

• Options
    I assume MGM will do the same as Mandalay since it's the same company, so if you've found it for less, call them and tell them to match the lower rate you found; your deposit will still count the same but you'll end up paying less.  I found a coupon code for Mandalay after booking all of the rooms for our wedding party and I was able to call and have them apply it.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    If they won't though, book at the new rate and then once confirmed, cancel the old reservation and get a refund (assuming you didn't buy some kind of non-refundable 'deal').

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I don't know if that price is good but before I booked Aria I made sure that there was a cancellation policy. Even though I think I might end up at Mandalay, I'm keeping it until I am absolutely positive.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    It's going for about $1,700 now, so that's not too bad. I am sure your guest will love it.
  • Options
    I looked at the MGM Skyline Suites, but went with Mandalay Bay since it was closer to staying in my budget. I don't think that's bad for the kind of experience you and your guests will have!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Ndelible‌ great minds think alike! At one time I had three suites booked until I was sure I did t need them. Haha!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    When I did my research the lowest I found was $500 (Vista/Media) and the highest was Mandarin Oriental @ $3k (Apex) for suites in the same size class.  Of course the prices fluctuate depending if you got weekend or weekday but on average...(Note, quoted prices are PRE-discount)

The "Sweet spot" was $900 (PH Apex, Sky Suite Panoramic, MGM Skyline, Hotel32).  $1500 got you into slightly nicer and/or bigger hotels:  Encore, SkyLofts, Nobu.  The Cosmo wraparound was fairly cheap...unless you wanted the guaranteed premium view.

There are quite a few suites in the big/cheap/dated category:  Mirage (Lanai, although they would be the nicest in this class IMO), RIO, etc. 

In summary:  No I don't think you paid too much
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards