October 2014 Weddings
Options

Vendor Tips

How are you figuring out what to tip your vendors such as DJ/Photographer? I know usually tips go by percentage but for some reason I budgeted a flat amount (same amount) for each months ago. Thoughts?

Re: Vendor Tips

• Options
    My coordinator gave me a spreadsheet. Photographer is the owner so I just need to tip his second photographer and assistant $100 each person and DJ ($100) MC ($100)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    My photographer is the owner and the assistant/second photographer is his wife.  Do I need to tip the wife?
  • Options
    Bumping this - good question, @pepperally . My photographer is a team of husband, wife, and wife's dad who all have ownership. No idea who to tip there! 
  • Options

i figured $100 each. My Dad (who is a business owner) said you don't need to tip the owner. is that correct?

• Options
    Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    After reading everybody else's, I think I might be low, but most of these service providers are not working all night only 2-4 hours.

Here's what I was looking at:
    Planner - Unknown right now; I will send a thank-you + gift or tip after we are back home. <<Disney Employee>>
    Limo Driver -  $20; One Way Vehicles - $5 each <<Contracted through Disney>>
    Hair and Makeup - $60 (used % and rounded up)
    Violinist - $20  <<Disney Employee>>
    Photographer - $40 <<Disney Employee>>
    Dress Steaming/Drop off - $15 (used % and rounded up)
    Officiant - $50

It's hard for me to even guess who and how much to tip because most of these things were covered in my package and many of them are actually Disney employees or people contracted out through Disney themselves.

Edit: add a few things

Anniversary
  • Options
    Did you ladies tip your alterations person?  I think mine did a great job at a reasonable cost (I LOVE my bustle it is hidden and looks super natural with the plain skirt).  I bought her a Joann Fabrics gift card, but I'm not sure if I should give it to her tomorrow when I pick up my dress or wait until I have a picture of the wedding to send her with a thank you card... or a combo of both:  Give GC tomorrow and then send her a 'Thank You' with a picture from the wedding??

Anniversary
  • Options

@ tharkrider . very helpful. thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards