Just Engaged and Proposals

Newly engaged and new to The Knot!

Hi all, I got engaged on the 16th of August this year. Me and my now fiancé were in Northern Ireland visiting my parents. On the big day, we went to do some touristy stuff. We visited the Giants Causeway on the north coast of Northern Ireland and he was acting a bid off all day. We then went to the local seaside town and did some more tourist stuff. On the drive home, we stopped at the ruins of Dunluce castle. It was windy and cold as it's right on the coast, and he made me hike up roughly 300 old, sloppy, eroded steps to 'see the view' which when we huffed & puffed our way up, was amazing. I was bust snapping photos, turned around and found him on one knee. I reacted by bursting into nervous giggles. I always do this at the most inappropriate times, funerals being the main one. I can't help it, it just happens. He told me that I was his best friend in the world and that he wanted me to be his wife. I started to cry and of course said yes. When we got back home, my mum had already got the champagne on ice as he'd asked her and my Stepdad permission, and my dad too. I'm still in shock and totally I'm love with my ring. I cannot wait to marry him!
Wedding Countdown Ticker}

Re: Newly engaged and new to The Knot!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards