October 2014 Weddings

More declines than expected

Kinda bummed that almost 50% of the people we invited have decline. I realize that our wedding is way more important to us than to other people. I guess I am bummed because there won't be anyone there from my dad's family. (Dad passed away in 2006.)

Is anyone else more emotional than usual these last few weeks before the big day?
---
tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: More declines than expected

• I so am! I had my first wedding meltdown on Saturday..... these next fews weeks are going to be rough :/ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, I've been wanting to cry, but also angry.  Mainly because we kept the wedding so small and delusionally thought that because it was small that everyone we invited was making our wedding the priority of their year and/or lifetime.  So I'm thinking of these other people I could have invited that I didn't because we were keeping it small and would have gladly made it a priority.  But, I think it's delusional at this point.  I'm just upset.  And they have until Wed to at least give me the respect to send their RSVP back with a decline.  Will I get them?  Doubt it. 

I totally realize that they have lives.  When you only invite the 4 closest friends you have in order to keep things small, then two can't come, it's a let down.  So that is the bummer of having a small wedding...only a few declines can literally chop the number in half.  I just feel like no one is coming now, like we should've just eloped.

I have to go try on my dress today and I don't even want to.  I feel like a bloated pig.

• Fi is pretty bummed.  A lot of are friends are (luckily!) able to come, but there are a few friends that FI served with that aren't able to make it, and I think those were the ones that FI was looking forward to seeing the most. We ended up with about 20 - 30 less people that my parents had anticipated, though I always had a hunch that the number was going to be about this amount...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm definitely more emotional than usual, but I'm also PMSing...bad timing. 
    I created a wedding music playlist and the very first song is "Going to the Chapel of Love." Every time I hear it, I start crying. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • I have been so emotional. 
    Starting Wednesday, I'll be stuck at work for 5 days straight, literally, sleeping there. 
    (I'm a nanny, and parents are going on vacation.)
    I'm going to miss FI so much, and I'll be sleeping like crap because I'll be afraid the kids are going to creepily show up at my bed side at any moment. (They do that to their parents!) 
    Wahhhhh. I'm already so stressed and I won't have any breaks!!! Not to mention my next day off isn't until October 11th (day after bachelorette party), and today I worked by 15th day straight! I need a break!!!!!!!! Sorry I totally got off topic, but yes, I'm very emotional. 

• I'm so excited to have more declines than expected... honestly was originally looking at 125 ppl now it's down to 74 ppl... so now my venue will credit back my card for over paying sweet!!

• We had 54 of 200 ppl decline.  I wasn't upset at the first few, because they were out of state family friends, but I got really upset last week when some college friends declined because they booked their fall vacations/trips out here on the wrong week and now can't come!  You had the freaking Save The Date forever!  You couldn't double-check???

So, way more people declined than expected :[

After my tantrum over it, I called my venue to let them know, and now the people that ARE coming are gong to get super good food!  We have to meet a minimum $ amount, so we're upgrading apps and entrees!  

Now I'm more excited about the better food!
  • We've also had a 50% decline rate. On the one hand, I was getting really nervous about our numbers and fitting everyone into a backyard, but it's also kind of sad that some important people to us can't make it. I'm particularly bummed for my mom--she just has one family member from her side coming, while pretty much everyone on my dad's side will be there (they're divorced, and I was hoping my mom would have a good support system there for her).
  • I'm with you all... We were expecting 82 people, and right now it's looking like our party will be about 30-35. I guess it's ok because we're getting married in Vegas, I can keep myself occupied ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• rsbloom said:

We had 54 of 200 ppl decline.  I wasn't upset at the first few, because they were out of state family friends, but I got really upset last week when some college friends declined because they booked their fall vacations/trips out here on the wrong week and now can't come!  You had the freaking Save The Date forever!  You couldn't double-check???

So, way more people declined than expected :[

After my tantrum over it, I called my venue to let them know, and now the people that ARE coming are gong to get super good food!  We have to meet a minimum $ amount, so we're upgrading apps and entrees!  

Now I'm more excited about the better food!

Ohh me too. We invited 180 ppl about 95 of them are coming, we figured about 100 ppl so it wasn't terrible. Just some of our college friends who initially had told me that they were coming when they got their save the dates now can't come because of such and such. Seriously?! I get you have lives but come on!! lol. I also realized that only 4 people (my mom, my grandparents and 1 cousin) are my only biological family coming to my wedding. My own aunt and uncle aren't coming which is really bothering me more than it should I guess. I guess I'm just shocked that more of my family isn't making this a priority to them. But at least our family by choice will be there and it'll be nice. It just wouldn't been nice to have more of my biological family there since I lost one of my parents 2 months ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm sorry to hear that you got so many declines. It's hard, especially when it's people you really thought would be there. I had quite a bit of the same happen, and it's shocking when people who live only ten minutes away and who got the invitations months ago claim they just simply couldn't get out of work. (Several of my cousins, who I attended many events for, had taken off time for vacations but couldn't take off one evening for the wedding.) I also had a few elderly relatives that couldn't make it for various reasons. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards