Snarky Brides

Shitty Signs

Since apparently everything is made better with a sign and a rhyme, let's share and snark on them :)

Re: Shitty Signs

• I can't participate because I will vomit. Bad poetry makes me vomit. I'm allergic. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Uh. Maybe I'm bad at english, but it doesn't really rhyme. 

Honestly, if you avoid terrible rhyming, I really don't give a fuck.

Anniversary
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Not rhyme-y, but I HATE this:

ETA: Also, this:

• Not rhyme-y, but I HATE this:

Yeah those are both gross, but that first one makes me gag so hard.  I fucking hate anything where every single line is a different font.  WHY?  It doesn't look good at all!!!!!

• Not rhyme-y, but I HATE this:

Yeah those are both gross, but that first one makes me gag so hard.  I fucking hate anything where every single line is a different font.  WHY?  It doesn't look good at all!!!!!
    Unknown! I am actually getting a headache just looking at it.

• I hate the "Here Comes Your Girl/Bride" signs, but the "Last Chance to Run" signs are a million times worse:

I fucking hate both of those signs. If there is a rhyming one, I might have to kill the bride and groom.

Anniversary
  • I actually think the sign @doeydo posted in the OP is quite funny.  It's sort of a jab at the cutesy wedding signs.

I thought this at first, but then I realized it's really just a way to try to control your guests into not drinking too much at your open bar. Tacky to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually think the sign @doeydo posted in the OP is quite funny.  It's sort of a jab at the cutesy wedding signs.

I thought this at first, but then I realized it's really just a way to try to control your guests into not drinking too much at your open bar. Tacky to me.
    That's how I thought of it too. Huge eye roll. Signs gross me out. The people who think guests are so stupid that they need everything explained by tacky signs do so because they are actually incredibly stupid. The human race has existed all this time without signs telling us when the bride is coming down the aisle and to put our phones away. I think we will continue to be fine without them. 
  • edited September 2014
    Not rhyme-y, but I HATE this:

Unknown! I am actually getting a headache just looking at it.

Hahah! This pic just made me laugh so hard. 
  • Can I just link this Facebook Wedding Buy/Sell group I am a part of? Every other post is any of the following:

Daddy here comes your girl
    Pick a seat not a side
    Alcohol - because no great story began with a salad

And so forth.

Yeesh.
  • I generally hate signs and find them cringe worthy. But I lol'ed at the one the OP put up.
  • See I think the first sign depends on the audience and intent. For instance, at our wedding it would have been funny because all of our friends love drunken shenanigans and rehashing the stories. And since I am typically the only sober one in the room, I am often called on to settle debates on what actually happened. All of friends are fun drunks and nothing bad happens, just silliness and stupidity. Heck, the only reason H and my dad remember some of their drunk wedding shenanigans are because of the pictures, so such a sign would have been appropriate. We also had an extremely well stocked open bar and bragged nobody would leave disappointed. Being Rennies, they accepted the challenge...and lost. We're still going through leftover wedding liquor.
  • edited October 2014
    See I think the first sign depends on the audience and intent. For instance, at our wedding it would have been funny because all of our friends love drunken shenanigans and rehashing the stories. And since I am typically the only sober one in the room, I am often called on to settle debates on what actually happened. All of friends are fun drunks and nothing bad happens, just silliness and stupidity. Heck, the only reason H and my dad remember some of their drunk wedding shenanigans are because of the pictures, so such a sign would have been appropriate. We also had an extremely well stocked open bar and bragged nobody would leave disappointed. Being Rennies, they accepted the challenge...and lost. We're still going through leftover wedding liquor.

I agree that the first one can be funny, but it depends on the audience.  My sister had a sign on their fully stocked open bar with the wording from the OP image.  But, it was in an 8x10 frame, so not super huge and in your face. But, some of her group, and some of our family, is known for drinking, partying hard, and getting a bit crazy.  And the shenanigans always end up on social media.  Everyone found the sign humorous though. And there were definitely some photographed shenanigans and craziness posted later that night.  So, it went over well with that crowd and the atmosphere of her wedding.

But, the "here comes your bride" or the overly rhyming signs do make me gag.

• I kinda like the "as far as everyone knows, we're just a normal family" sign I've seen on Pinterest.  I'd like one of those that says, "Hey (my last name!)" then the sign.  Because pretty much everyone with my last name in my family is crazy and will do something embarrassing.  Luckily, since it's been like this all my life, I'm immune.  But I think they'd get a kick out of it.  But I probably won't do it because signs that don't actually say something are pretty ridic.
  • I know these are popular but I can't stand either of them. 

• The rhyme, the font, the obvious fact that the glasses were intended for getting drinks... Sorry it's sideways.
  • @larrygaga Bahahahahah classic!

These are making me nauseous. 
  • The rhyme, the font, the obvious fact that the glasses were intended for getting drinks... Sorry it's sideways.

Stuck in box!

I hate the rhyme, but in such a case a sign might be warranted or else people will put down their glass, walk away, lose it and be left with nothing.  Someone I know who was recently married posted her pro photos on Facebook; I noticed in one a small sign that said, "Please reuse your wine glass for sustainability efforts."  I can get on board with that. (They also had a sign for the menu, sign of the seating chart... overall, that pushed me over my signage limit!)   

• edited October 2014
    Our venue has a "No Signs" rule. Just one more reason we fell in love with it.

I'd like to believe our guests are intelligent. They don't need signs and rhymes to tell them what to do at a wedding.
  • Our venue has a "No Signs" rule. Just one more reason we fell in love with it.

I'd like to believe our guests are intelligent. They don't need signs and rhymes to tell them what to do at a wedding.
    BUT WHAT IF THEY SIT ON THE WRONG SIDE THO! Signs for every single thing remind me of the "forgetting disease" in 100 years of solitude--they had to label everything lest people forget what a cow is, what their name is, etc. "This is a cup! It's for drinking out of!" "These are chairs, they're for sitting on!" "This is a boring chicken dish. It's for choking down and making you thirsty for that drink (in your CUP)!"
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Our venue has a "No Signs" rule. Just one more reason we fell in love with it.

BUT WHAT IF THEY SIT ON THE WRONG SIDE THO! Signs for every single thing remind me of the "forgetting disease" in 100 years of solitude--they had to label everything lest people forget what a cow is, what their name is, etc. "This is a cup! It's for drinking out of!" "These are chairs, they're for sitting on!" "This is a boring chicken dish. It's for choking down and making you thirsty for that drink (in your CUP)!"
    I love that you just referenced García Márquez.

Also, Our venue actually told us they like to have the immediate family of the bride and groom on the "wrong side" - so, you know, they can actually see their kid's face instead of the back of their head as they say their vows, etc. Guess what. Not a single guest was upset/shocked/affronted/etc. because GASP people were on the wrong side!
  • I don't know if anyone watches Little People Big World- I normally don't. However, as SYYTD finished, the wedding episode of LPBW came on. 

They had SIGNS, signs, and more signs. Every member of their large bridal party walked down the aisle with a sign that, I assume, described the young couple's relationship. "Passionate," "Fiery Fox," and then the Best Man carried, "And now..." while the father walked the bride down carrying, "She's yours."

Major eye roll from me. However, the rest of the event looked lovely.  

• LPBW: anyone notice how involved the groom was with planning?
  • LPBW: anyone notice how involved the groom was with planning?
    Who was it who got married?  I haven't watched that show in YEARS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards