October 2014 Weddings

Hair and Makeup Trial.. What do you guys think?

Hey ladies! I'm a lurker over here... I don't post much, but I've found myself coming here more and more often as the day is getting closer! I had my hair and makeup trial and wanted to post pictures to get opinions.  I really liked my hair at first, but as I keep looking over the pictures I can't decide.  The curls are really crazy (especially from the back)!  I like that the way she weaved it through the side is unique, but I also feel like my hair is all over the place! What do you guys think?   Also I wish my makeup had more coverage because I have horrible scarring from having really bad acne growing up (as you can tell in the side view), but it just always shows no matter what. :( Grr I just want to feel beautiful and I'm so self conscious about my skin.

imageimageimage
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair and Makeup Trial.. What do you guys think?

• I really like the hair from the front and the side. The back view almost looks like the curls go up though, which is...interesting.

Are you planning on wearing a headpiece?

I do kind of like the wild look of the curls though, it's very pretty but also sexy. :) And I think that your face looks beautiful! Acne scars definitely aren't what I'm noticing first in the picture (first it's your smile, then your hair, then your face, then way behind would be any skin imperfections).
  • I think you are beautiful already!  I love your hair, it is gorgeous and I think the curls and volume are lovely, and sexy as PP said.  Your makeup also looks great.  I totally get being self-conscious about the scarring, as I've had acne my whole life it seems...really bad as a teen.  I would not have noticed a thing if you hadn't pointed it out!
  • I love the hair!!  You're makeup looks pretty natural.

As far as your skin, you notice it because you are the most critical of yourself.  It is noticeable in the picture, but most people probably wouldn't even think twice about it (I know I wouldn't have even thought about it until you said something).  Those are also things your photographer might be able to smooth out when editing your pictures.  Everybody has things that they are self-conscious about, it doesn't make you any less beautiful :o) .

Anniversary
  • I really like the hair from the front and the side. The back view almost looks like the curls go up though, which is...interesting.

I do kind of like the wild look of the curls though, it's very pretty but also sexy. :) And I think that your face looks beautiful! Acne scars definitely aren't what I'm noticing first in the picture (first it's your smile, then your hair, then your face, then way behind would be any skin imperfections).
    Thank you for your honest opinion!  Yeah the way she weaved the hair just makes the curls in the back kind of crazy, but I guess you could look at it as sexy too! :) I will have a veil for the ceremony but will not have anything for the reception.  Hairstylist suggested weaving fresh flowers through the weaves in the back, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I'm definitely the type of person that has to see it before I know if I will like it or not. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you are beautiful already!  I love your hair, it is gorgeous and I think the curls and volume are lovely, and sexy as PP said.  Your makeup also looks great.  I totally get being self-conscious about the scarring, as I've had acne my whole life it seems...really bad as a teen.  I would not have noticed a thing if you hadn't pointed it out!
    Thank you! You're too nice.  Yeah... Acne sucks!  I still get it as an adult, just not quite as bad as I did when I was younger.  I'm doing everything I can to avoid getting a breakout right before the wedding! :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the hair!!  You're makeup looks pretty natural.

As far as your skin, you notice it because you are the most critical of yourself.  It is noticeable in the picture, but most people probably wouldn't even think twice about it (I know I wouldn't have even thought about it until you said something).  Those are also things your photographer might be able to smooth out when editing your pictures.  Everybody has things that they are self-conscious about, it doesn't make you any less beautiful :o) .
    I agree with you that I am most critical of it.  I notice it all the time and my fiance tries to tell me it's really not that noticeable.  I, however, do not believe him because he has to say that! ha! Thank you for your kind words. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the hair and the makeup - I honestly didn't notice any acne when looking at your pic - I noticed your happiness and excitement. AND I would tell you if I thought it looked crappy.
  • I wish I could wear my hair down for my 10/4/14 wedding but I would be a sweat monster. Gotta know yourself, right?!
  • Your hair looks beautiful. It's exactly what I'm having as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thank you for your honest opinion!  Yeah the way she weaved the hair just makes the curls in the back kind of crazy, but I guess you could look at it as sexy too! :) I will have a veil for the ceremony but will not have anything for the reception.  Hairstylist suggested weaving fresh flowers through the weaves in the back, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I'm definitely the type of person that has to see it before I know if I will like it or not. 
    Oh that sounds SO pretty!

I was just thinking that it you're wearing a veil that it will perhaps push on/weigh down the curls a bit, taming them a little (which I think will solve what you seem to be worried about?).

And I agree with PP that I wouldn't have even noticed any acne scarring if you hadn't mentioned it. But yea, when I look in the mirror I see all my bad parts before the good, so it's understandable...it's your wedding, you should feel beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards