Oregon

Viewpoint Inn Fire Yesterday...

Re: Viewpoint Inn Fire Yesterday...

• edited December 2011
    Read about this in the Oregonian.  That's one less outdoor venue I need to visit!  It's sad for any others who have booked there.  From what I read, the wedding that was scheduled this past weekend was moved to a nearby location.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard nothing but bad things about their business practices. Seems like they've screwed countless brides out of thousands of $$ and still owe money to vendors & paychecks to employees.
    They are now asking for $$ from the public to help them rebuild since he just "found out" that his insurance lapsed in April.  I wouldn't give them a dime!!
    They seem to be slimy and shady.
    Karma? I think yes!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_viewpoint-inn-fire-yesterday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:1cd291c4-cdb3-4471-bc31-376798ee99b5Post:5f4a4097-e088-466e-a7d2-7aa410df4a9a">Re: Viewpoint Inn Fire Yesterday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard nothing but bad things about their business practices. Seems like they've screwed countless brides out of thousands of $$ and still owe money to vendors & paychecks to employees. They are now asking for $$ from the public to help them rebuild since he just "found out" that his insurance lapsed in April.  I wouldn't give them a dime!! They seem to be slimy and shady. Karma? I think yes!!
    Posted by mustanggoonie[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do seem really shady. I've never heard anything positive about them.

And you know those crazy-ass Twilight people (sorry if you like it) will totally fork out cash to fix it - it's in the movie! we have to save it!
  • edited December 2011
    The View Point Inn is where we got engaged. It was a nice place, it was just us and one other table so pretty private. I started to look into it to have our wedding there...and I saw a lot of bad reviews from people who tried to have a wedding there or did. and it seemed too shady to spend that much on a wedding there to have it possibly just not happen because they fired the event planner there or something.

It will be interesting to see where they go from now. I have seen a lot of people reach out to those who were booked to have weddings there and find them a new venue.
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_viewpoint-inn-fire-yesterday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:1cd291c4-cdb3-4471-bc31-376798ee99b5Post:5b9c3e14-3eea-4ed0-823a-0e37870564f4">Re: Viewpoint Inn Fire Yesterday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Viewpoint Inn Fire Yesterday... : Yes, they do seem really shady. I've never heard anything positive about them. And you know those crazy-ass Twilight people (sorry if you like it) will totally fork out cash to fix it - it's in the movie! we have to save it!
    Posted by bethbloom[/QUOTE]
    My friends mom was married there while that movie wass being filmed. It was kinda cool
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also suspicious of the fire and how it was started.  I'm eager to hear how the fire got started.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards