Oregon
Options

Catering companies..?

Hi all,

We are getting married at my fiances uncles place and need a catering company that will come to us and not cost an arm and a leg.  I was wondering if anyone knows a good company?

Thanks!

Re: Catering companies..?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try asking your favorite restuarant.

A lot places you never thought would do catering... do.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having no idea where your fiance's uncle's place is makes it hard to recommend someplace, but if it's in the Portland area, try calling The Bomber on McLaughlin in Milwaukie.  The food is awesome and the prices are extremely reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I realized I didn't put the actual location after I posted it lol, oops..  their place is in Sellwood.
  • Options
    andij1616andij1616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend The Bomber in Milwaukie.  They just catered our wedding in July, and the food was fantastic.  The prices were great, and they did a wonderful job.  I would definitely use them again! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great I'll check them out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Ya Hala.  It's a Lebanese place on 78th and Stark.  If you know Hoda's in Portland, it's the same family.  They had the best prices for the amount of food we got, and they were wonderful.  While it may seem alternative, most people are familar with humus, baba ganoush, tabouli, chicken and rice dishes, etc.  I highly recommend them, especially if you don't want the same old meatballs and spaghetti thing at your wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a couple of weddings catered by Popp Catering, and have been pretty impressed with their food. 

http://www.poppcompany.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya Hala is one of my favorite restaurants!  Unfortunately we won't be using them but they are yummy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Divine Catering!  So good and it was really affordable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I know you posted a while ago, but just seeing this and have a great reccomendation. Portland Catering Company is doing our reception in Salem and they are AWESOME. Great value for super delish food. Plus they don't chare mileage or a service fee, you should however provide a tip. Overall a really great value for your money.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    spice islands catering. i just emailed them with how much money we had for catering and how many people are on our guest list and they got back to us quickly with a great menu!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards