North Carolina

ceremony+reception venue in Raleigh or Asheville (modern vibe, under 5k)?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a venue to hold both a 100-person ceremony and reception in either Raleigh or Asheville next fall... Hoping not to spend more than 5k on the venue rental.

So far I've been considering:
(Raleigh)
--Walnut Creek Wetland Center
--the Stockroom
--Contemporary Art Museum
--Museum of Science
(Asheville)
--Yesterday Spaces

I'm looking for someplace with a contemporary, modern feel (although I guess that doesn't quite describe Yesterday Spaces... but they have miniature donkeys so what more could you ask for?!). Does anyone have any experience with the above or have any other suggestions to add to my list?

Thank you!!
Hannah

Re: ceremony+reception venue in Raleigh or Asheville (modern vibe, under 5k)?

• We had our wedding at Yesterday Spaces about a month ago and it was lovely! I really only have good things to say about them. The owner was very good to work with, the ceremony site and reception hall were beautiful, and the price actually includes a lot of things that aren't usually included. Everyone had a wonderful time and I've gotten tons of compliments. We also stayed onsite in the 2 houses, and that was also fun.

That being said, it definitely does not have a contemporary, modern feel at ALL. It does have modern conveniences and comforts (air conditioning, nice bathrooms etc) which was something we wanted for our guests, but the feel of the wedding was definitely rustic and casual. This was actually good for us and our crowd because everyone felt comfortable in that sort of setting. So it depends on what you are going for.

• Haha I'm glad you said that! We are actually booking Yesterday Spaces as well... I did some searching on my own and it looked by far the best option, so we're putting down a deposit tomorrow (!).

Where did you suggest other guests stay, if you don't mind my asking?
  • Yay! You are going to have a wonderful time :-).

We had a block at Country Inn & Suites Asheville West. They are very clean and comfortable, have great reviews, and they also gave us a really good price on the block. We initially wanted a downtown Asheville hotel/inn but they were all extremely expensive and had those evil contracts where you had to promise to pay for a portion of the cost of the rooms you don't fill. Country Inn & Suites didn't have anything like that, fortunately! It's just your standard hotel, but it fit our needs and was affordable for our guests.
  • Awesome--thank you so much! Ahhh and I promise only one more question: did you have a day-of event coordinator? I just saw in the forms that one was required. I guess it'll probably be nice to have one but I have no idea where to start looking! :)
  • We actually just used a friend of my MIL's who loves to be day of coordinator for her friends' kids' weddings for fun. So no unfortunately I don't have a rec for that. 
  • Oh well. Thank you again!
  • I went to a wedding reception at the stockroom a few months ago and it was lovely!  There was plenty of room for buffet, DJ, and dancing.  

My only qualm with the venue was parking.  We had to park pretty far because some of the decks were full due to something else going on downtown.  I wish there had been a valet option.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • Try Events for You or Blue Ridge Event Staffing for affordable day of coordinator services.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards