Louisiana-New Orleans

4 Months to Go and My Venue Cancelled!

MrsK2015MrsK2015 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited September 2014 in Louisiana-New Orleans
We were supposed to have our January reception in the jazz club at the JW Marriott. Today the event coordinator informed me that the jazz club is being "removed" from the building starting in December. Arrgghh! Future husband and I were in love with that space and didn't even look at other venues. The space is very unique with a great art deco vibe. 

Anyway, rant over, does anyone have any venue suggestions for a January Saturday evening reception? We are expecting about 60 guests. We'd love to find something with a similar art deco feel (already picked out invitations, table centerpieces, etc. in keeping with that theme), but obviously open to all suggestions. Budget is around $8K for the reception. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 4 Months to Go and My Venue Cancelled!

• Rosie's jazz hall, wax museum, chicory....ugh. Sorry to hear about the cancellation! Good luck--you'll find a terrific spot!!! Also the New Orleans CVB might be able to help if you get in a bind!
  • Venusian Gardens in the Marigny is supposed to be gorgeous and artistic!
  • Also check into the Bevolo gas lamp shop on Royal-- just found out they do small parties there!
  • Rosy's Jazz Hall is awesome!
  • The Kingsway House on Esplanade. I have never been there before but saw someone's bridal album online. The venue looks like something you may like. 
  • abster789abster789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014
    We had a 45 guest Jazz night event at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse in the Royal Sonesta, and it was fantastic! Great food, great drinks, and great music. I think the decor is pretty close to what you're looking for, and it would be very easy to do it up with a little candle work. Here's the contact info:

Eileen Fernandez-Silva

Beverage Manager & Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse Manager

Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans

300 Bourbon Street | New Orleans, LA | 70130

T: 504.586.0300 ext.1347

C: 504.206.8214

Sonesta.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards