Wedding Woes

Morning

DH and I were off work yesterday and went furniture shopping.  The bad news is that it costs a lot of $$ to buy furniture.  The good news is that we found everything we want and the total cost is not that bad for everything we plan on getting.  Even better news, if we put a small deposit on the lowest priced item we plan on buying this weekend (during a big sale), when we pay for that in full we'll still get the discount on it and everything else we buy when we come back.  I'm also stoked that we found a reasonably priced (under $1k) memory foam bed that we both LOVED, is highly rated, and has a long warranty. 

I could see the lady adding up the commission in her head.  (she was uber nice and helpful, not pushy and let us wander off  to find stuff on our own and then came to check on us.)

We are about one-ish week away from the buyers loan coming back from the USDA.  ::fingers crossed:: that everything goes smoothly from here on out. 

DH had to start his crap shift (9-7) today.  :(  We were hoping that it wouldn't start until after moved (and lived closer to work). 

Re: Morning

• Furniture shopping is going to be the worst/best part of our addition.  It's silly but I'm going to cry when we get rid of our busted up torn up couch.  I slept on it when all three kids came home and I nursed every little one on the same little corner.  I'm worse than Sheldon about my spot.

6let has an ENT appointment today.  Pulmonology didn't think it was asthma, but possibly lesions or reflux instead.  urgh. 

I'm trying to get back on the exercise bandwagon.  The weight hasn't changed, but I've got some biceps. I wish the belly and double chin would exit the building though.

In stupid stuff: My neighborhood facebook page has blown up over trick or treat.  They moved it to Thursday because of high school football.  80+ posts about it. 

There is also a 40+ one about kids riding bikes in the street.  The horror.

• I had a sad moment when I received an e-mail that someone had went nutso on our neighborhood FB page, because I missed it.  There's nothing more fun than watching some passive-aggressive, impotent bitching (because you KNOW he was probably complaining about something minor or that can't be changed) on FB.  

While I personally think moving ToT off Halloween because of a HS football game is ridic, if that's what was happening, I'd take my kids out on Thur.  

KIDS RIDING BIKES IN THE STREET!  ZOMGZ!!  All of those parents should be hauled off to jail for child neglect and endangerment. 
  • Yay for Thursday.  We only have a soccer game on Saturday; no baseball all weekend.  I'm looking forward to a little break.

I took the morning off from the gym.  I'm really sore.  The ab stuff is killing me, but I'm glad to be hurting there.

Today DD2 and I are going out again to buy her some sneakers.
  • On TorT I figure kids are either to young to care or old enough to understand. It's the parents making a huge issue. My night boyhood friends just laugh and kibitz behind the crazies backs and think up stupid things we'd never do in real life. Like send a kid out in costume tonight or randomly put Christmas decorations in someone's yard.
  • I think they should just leave Halloween alone, what ever day it falls thats it.  Every year its something, can't have it on sunday, lets move to Friday cause no school, its on Friday so lets move it for football, good grief!

This beta blocker I had to start taking is kicking my butt, I'm so tired.  Of course my period came the same week I had to start blood thinners so it looks like I'm bleeding to death, uggh its so frustrating.  I have to just suck it up and deal, but this week is hard!

• I'm actually in the OFFICEoffice, so it's nice and quiet.  No generators, dozer noise or loud equipment.  I do get to fire off a "you screwed up" email at some point today.  I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, but I just keep on focusing on what is in front of me and keep working.  Apparently the stress is higher because during a massage I was told "HOLY SH*T, are you stressed?" while dude was mashing my neck/back/rhomboids.  I guess so?

Peg--I think you're owed some complaining, that stuff is a bit perturbing, and adding beta blockers to the exhaustion that is shark week?  Not fun.

Conn--the thought of furniture shopping makes my wallet hurt.  Also---TorT should be on the actual date.  Or...you could do it twice and double dip.  Never hurt anyone? Right?  Or is that a faux pas?  
  • 6fsn said:

6let has an ENT appointment today.  Pulmonology didn't think it was asthma, but possibly lesions or reflux instead.  urgh. 

Good luck with the ENT, 6.

Also, where are they supposed to ride their bikes?  Do you have dedicated bike paths?  Because I know where we live, bikes are not supposed to be on the sidewalk, so it's the street or nothing.  Unless they're just supposed to pedal up and down their own driveway, which seems pretty sad.
  • Heffalump said:
    6fsn said:

Also, where are they supposed to ride their bikes?  Do you have dedicated bike paths?  Because I know where we live, bikes are not supposed to be on the sidewalk, so it's the street or nothing.  Unless they're just supposed to pedal up and down their own driveway, which seems pretty sad.
    The kid was in the MIDDLE of the street.  The horror.  Someone actually suggested kids should only be in the backyard.  Any facebook friends might be understanding my pictures a bit more now.
  • Oral arguments today re: recognizing out-of-state marriages of gay citizens in Missouri.  Astoundingly, the judge is allowing people in the courtroom to tweet!  So, my twitter feed is being constantly refreshed right now.  

I irritated my ulnar nerve last night.  My right arm is close to useless right now.  I'm ready for the weekend.
  • 6fsn said:
    Heffalump said:
    6fsn said:

The kid was in the MIDDLE of the street.  The horror.  Someone actually suggested kids should only be in the backyard.  Any facebook friends might be understanding my pictures a bit more now.

People have really, really lost their minds.  

I'd be a sarcastic bitch and take it a step further and say something about building your kids a 10x20 pen in the backyard so you know that they're truly 'safe'.  
  • Yes, kennel runs are the rage now for children. 
  • Blargh, I'm in a mood today. I had woken up early the past two mornings to workout and this morning I just fell back asleep. Alarm in hand. Now I feel all off- my plans for the day are messed up. Woke up, got DD ready and DS just putzed around. I asked nicely, at one point he told me "No. You are making me sad" because I wouldn't let him play with Legos. After about 25 minutes of this, I yelled. Not one of my finer moments. But seriously, I was able to change DD's diaper, dress her, nurse her, get her milk ready for daycare, and all he had done was gotten half dressed. So he pouted all the way to daycare then threw a mini-tantrum when we got there. I felt bad for her.

DH is being a moron about phones too. I need to upgrade mine- it randomly will turn off, things just don't work on it. I do have a work phone but I give my personal cell out because I hate my work cell phone and it's never charged. So I need to be accessible especially because I'm covering our European group. But he wants to get on my plan. So I suggested just a really cheap phone (like a flip phone) because he barely texts, calls, and almost never uses data. No, that isn't okay for him. He needs something fancier. The end result is that today I'm upgrading my phone and he's going to decide a bit on it. Glad we circlejerked about that for a hour.

But Happy Thursday.
  • PMeg819 said:
    Blargh, I'm in a mood today. I had woken up early the past two mornings to workout and this morning I just fell back asleep. Alarm in hand. Now I feel all off- my plans for the day are messed up. Woke up, got DD ready and DS just putzed around. I asked nicely, at one point he told me "No. You are making me sad" because I wouldn't let him play with Legos. After about 25 minutes of this, I yelled. Not one of my finer moments. But seriously, I was able to change DD's diaper, dress her, nurse her, get her milk ready for daycare, and all he had done was gotten half dressed. So he pouted all the way to daycare then threw a mini-tantrum when we got there. I felt bad for her.

OH NO!  You yelled at your kid???  Start saving up for those therapy bills!  ::eye roll::

• AuntFlo said:
    PMeg819 said:
    Blargh, I'm in a mood today. I had woken up early the past two mornings to workout and this morning I just fell back asleep. Alarm in hand. Now I feel all off- my plans for the day are messed up. Woke up, got DD ready and DS just putzed around. I asked nicely, at one point he told me "No. You are making me sad" because I wouldn't let him play with Legos. After about 25 minutes of this, I yelled. Not one of my finer moments. But seriously, I was able to change DD's diaper, dress her, nurse her, get her milk ready for daycare, and all he had done was gotten half dressed. So he pouted all the way to daycare then threw a mini-tantrum when we got there. I felt bad for her.

OH NO!  You yelled at your kid???  Start saving up for those therapy bills!  ::eye roll::
    I yelled more than I should have and said things I should not have. DS is sensitive so yelling at him doesn't really help anything. He ends up getting worked up and it never ends well.
  • AuntFlo said:
    PMeg819 said:

My kids are going to be in therapy for a looonnnngggg time. ;) Age has not brought me any more patience, LOL. 
  • I don't want to be a pessimist, but our house is under escrow and as long as these people don't flak like the first couple did, we will have a 21 day escrow and close on both houses Oct 15th, woo!

Waiting to here from AAA for our homeowner's insurance stuff. Escrow may need updated crap too. So fun.
  • jojobrn said:
    I don't want to be a pessimist, but our house is under escrow and as long as these people don't flak like the first couple did, we will have a 21 day escrow and close on both houses Oct 15th, woo!

Waiting to here from AAA for our homeowner's insurance stuff. Escrow may need updated crap too. So fun.
    I feel ya on the stress.  Our closing date is tentatively set for Oct. 7th.  I hope we make it within that week. 

We're waiting on our buyer's loan to come back from USDA and the panic is building almost daily that their (incompetent) mortgage company fucked something up and it's going to force another delay.  Our mortgage guy said that the USDA will only allow 'simple' fixes and if it's too extensive, it goes back to the end of the line after the fix.  Our state is back logged about 40 days on USDA apps.  

There's nothing we can do until the USDA gets the loan.  Of course, the agent on the other side has not felt the need to stay on top of the mortgage company to ensure that they're doing their due diligence on loan tracking...even though they were the ones who failed to send off the loan in a timely manner to the USDA.  And also, the new owners insurance company sent their policy docs (I'm assuming) to our house instead of to their current address.  

I cannot wait to be done so I don't even have to think about these people any more.  The incomptetence is why my BP feels like it's through the roof. 
  • I told our agent any more counters were going to have to include medication for my ulcers. And yay government backlog!

I am just glad we finally are in escrow, we should have been moved last week, but for the previous peeps flaking. Because they didn't like the easement behind our back fence. Seriously?

The seller on the house we are buying was getting ready to re-list, so we were scrambling to finally get someone to stop nit picking with us and sign on the dotted line, we managed to get 1 offer and someone as backup. Backup was preferred offer, but unfortunately he came in a day late, so he is hunting and waiting to hear if something on these guys falls through. If it does, I just hope he hasn't found another place.
  • If their loan is jacked for some reason and it takes any longer, I think our sellers are going to back out.  

And I will probably be found wandering the streets in a catatonic state.  
  • I yelled more than I should have and said things I should not have. DS is sensitive so yelling at him doesn't really help anything. He ends up getting worked up and it never ends well.
    DD is the same way, I'll get fed up and lose my patience and it just ratchets up the drama and makes her crazy-irrational. 

The dawdling is killllllllling me.  I literally carried her down the stairs yesterday because she was fucking around with her hair for 20 minutes and was about to miss the bus. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards