Not Engaged Yet

it's FRIDAY!!

http://gometro.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Friday-gif.gif

doing my FRIDAY dance today!!

come congregate here for some Friday fun!

Re: it's FRIDAY!!

Happy Friday! I have no desire to be at work today haha even though I don't have any plans for this weekend. 
  • I'm still disappointed we're not getting hibachi tonight, but we're going to a Farm-To-Table type restaurant, so it'll still be really good.  I'm off at 12:15, but it seems like this morning is dragging.
  • @CoCoBellaF - I love farm to table restaurants.  Yummy.

Yeah Friday!!!  It is a beautiful day so I had a nice walk to work.  Unfortunately, our plumbing backed up yesterday so I have to head home during lunch to talk to a plumber.  Hope it is a simple fix.  Tonight I'm going to go buy that bike I wanted to get (I'll AW a picture next week).  It is a little pricey ($600) but 30% off right now...I need to make sure I use it.  I think I will since I'm trying to walk or bike to work on days H is commuting to Chicago and its a long walk (4.5 - 5 miles) so biking would be MUCH faster.

In other news H and I had a meditation class yesterday and it was awesome.  I was so relaxed after the class even our dog's barking at nothingness in the evening didn't rile me.  Looking forward to trying it again next week!

• YAY FRIDAY!

I am STILL feeling sick :( Very nauseous.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @minskat30 - woo hoo!!!  how exciting, can't wait until you AW your new bike.  it sounds like the perfect commute. 

That will be me at 3:00. WOOT. 

Though I don't know why I get excited for the weekends. I just have to work anyway. But it's more on my own schedule, which is nice.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Love & Splits
    A blog about running and life with pituitary tumors
  • beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2014
    WOOT! It was starting to actually feel like fall around here, and I was thinking about making an apple crisp for D's birthday this weekend. Then I woke up this morning and its all "Nope. Summer's hanging around for another day or so, bitches." And I wanted to kick summer in its balls and tell it that it had its time to shine. 

We're being called into a mandatory meeting today. So baaaaaaaaascially, we have no dress code. We ALL wear jeans. Literally. All of us. (Save one or two people). The county exec went all RAWR! a few weeks back and now said NO DENIM PERIOD. Not just blue jeans. NO DENIM. I own exactly one pair of pants that is NOT denim. One. But she keeps saying "We don't have a dress code." But I think saying no denim is a dress code, right? I'm splitting hairs here, of course. When it comes down to it, my coworkers and I all agree that we don't make enough to basically go buy a whole new work wardrobe. After bills and the kids needs, I have a few bucks left over. Especially now, it will be difficult. We're not 100% sure that this is what the meeting is about, but we think it is since she left it to the dept. directors to address. So, any ideas on how to build a work wardrobe without breaking the bank, and also clothing ideas for a short plus size gal would be HUGELY appreciated. 

ETA: Folks just got back from the first meeting session and confirmed, it's regarding the new (not yet official) no jeans rule. WTF am I gonna do? LOL 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @minskat30, yay for your new bike! Can't wait to see it! Your commute sounds like it will be the perfect bike ride; that's a long way to walk every day!

@phira, I'm sorry you don't feel well. :(

@helloliv, eye-to-eye on working on the weekends. Friday is just Monday in disguise sometimes. But at least it's more relaxed than the regular week.

• I would like to get excited about it being Friday, but given my job, I have no concept of weekends. I have a hockey exhibition tonight at 7:30pm. Football tomorrow night at 7pm. Field hockey Sunday afternoon at 2pm. 

See ya on Monday. parks and recreation parks and rec andy dwyer chris pratt Parks & Rec

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yay Friday! CRM is down again, so lots of craziness here. They most definitely should not have launched the new CRM when they did because it clearly was not ready.

I'm exhausted today, but my pumpkin chai tea is helping wake me up. :) I need to order a huge tin of this. It's fantastic.

I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. FI and I are zombies today. Eek!

• Desire to get any work done has decreased even more.  We just had an evacuation drill and I had the pleasure of discovering there is no plan in place when someone is unable to walk.  I got to crutch a mile.  Safety department is now getting a lovely e-mail from me.

eilis1228 that pumpkin chai tea sounds delicious! 

beanbot2002 that really sucks about the work wardrobe, hopefully since it's a company wide change they offer some kind of reimbursement :/

phira I don't think it's food poisoning, or at least not anymore.  If it continues you should get to a doctor :(

minskat30 I wish I could bike to work.  I think you'll definitely get use out of it to spend that much. 

• @beanbot2002 - that sucks!  I wouldn't count on a reimbursement knowing your place of employment.  :(
  • @beanbot2002 - That is a hot pile of garbage, I'm sorry they're making such a huge change :(

Try Target or Walmart if you need inexpensive work clothes. My sister works in a daycare and they have to dress "business casual" even though it's not exactly a sitting-still-staying-clean sort of job; she gets a lot of stuff at Target, Walmart, Old Navy because it's work appropriate, looks nice and doesn't break the bank. I often see a lot of bigger sizes in the sale section at Old Navy.

If you have enough work tops then you might be able to get away with just a couple pairs of pants and a skirt for now to start? If you can get away with just a couple pieces right now then you can try to build it up a bit over time, which would be less stressful that trying to buy a whole new work wardrobe right now!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited September 2014

@beanbot2002 - That is a hot pile of garbage, I'm sorry they're making such a huge change :(

Try Target or Walmart if you need inexpensive work clothes. My sister works in a daycare and they have to dress "business casual" even though it's not exactly a sitting-still-staying-clean sort of job; she gets a lot of stuff at Target, Walmart, Old Navy because it's work appropriate, looks nice and doesn't break the bank. I often see a lot of bigger sizes in the sale section at Old Navy.

If you have enough work tops then you might be able to get away with just a couple pairs of pants and a skirt for now to start? If you can get away with just a couple pieces right now then you can try to build it up a bit over time, which would be less stressful that trying to buy a whole new work wardrobe right now!

@beanbot2002 I second this. Walmart has really inexpensive pants. Also try Marshall's & TJ maxx! 
    A lot of my work pants I'll wear twice before I wash them. I don't know if people think that's weird or gross but I do it! I could get through the week with only 2 or 3 pairs of pants.
    ETA: Yes, that IS a dress code! That's really annoying. My workplace is business casual and we can wear jeans on Friday. I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I had no dress code and then all of a sudden out of the blue I was forced to buy all new clothes!

• @lavenderfields13 I do the same with my work pants.  

@beanbot2002 if you have any dresses or skirts, those will help with the wardrobe change too

• So, no reimbursement. I brought up the fact (very respectfully) that they do not pay us enough to expect that we will come in with a new wardrobe next week. There is no policy now, so they have to means of enforcing it, but when the policy comes, it will be a 2nd class offense to disobey it (1st time = 3-5 days unpaid suspension, 2nd time = termination) for jeans guys. Jeans can get you fired. Ugh. I have no problem wearing dress pants, I just don't have the money to buy them. I, again very politely, said that my children's need to eat will have to take priority over buying new pants. He was understanding and said that if we are having trouble acquiring the necessary items, that we can go to him and say "I'm sorry sir, I had to wear jeans because blah blah blah" So, yeah. My boss, the douchey douchecanoe said he is going to make sure that "His staff leads the way." (waggles head, puffs up chest, straightens tie). BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! 

In the end, it was a good discussion, but I still have to go buy clothes. :( 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 - That is a hot pile of garbage, I'm sorry they're making such a huge change :(

@beanbot2002 I second this. Walmart has really inexpensive pants. Also try Marshall's & TJ maxx! 
    A lot of my work pants I'll wear twice before I wash them. I don't know if people think that's weird or gross but I do it! I could get through the week with only 2 or 3 pairs of pants.
    ETA: Yes, that IS a dress code! That's really annoying. My workplace is business casual and we can wear jeans on Friday. I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I had no dress code and then all of a sudden out of the blue I was forced to buy all new clothes!
    I do the bolded as well. I don't get why people are obsessed with washing pants and skirts every time they're worn. If you spill on them or have explosive diarrhea, then yeah for sure...but if all I've done is sit at my desk and walk around the office then my pants really don't need to be washed right away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I do the bolded as well. I don't get why people are obsessed with washing pants and skirts every time they're worn. If you spill on them or have explosive diarrhea, then yeah for sure...but if all I've done is sit at my desk and walk around the office then my pants really don't need to be washed right away.
    I told our director that if the policy were to be handed down next week, I hope no one minds if I wear the same pair of pants every day. I, literally, own one pair of non demin pants. He chuckled at that. 

• @clogreeneyes @speakeasy14 Yeah, the only thing I can think of at this point is that maybe it's a 24-hour bug that's lasting more than 24 hours because I'm immunocompromised (I'm on a medication that massively suppresses my immune system--I used to get 1-2 week long colds after every treatment). If I'm not feeling better by Monday, off to health services we go!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @beanbot2002 that really sucks they are changing the policy, so quickly.  Hopefully you can find things.  I can't offer any real suggestions on adult pants...Walmart, Target, Ross, TJ Maxx are all good places.

@eilis1228 it seems like your CRM is always down, is this a regular problem?

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 We had a really out of date CRM from 2007 that was no longer supported by Microsoft, so my company spent a few months searching for a new, updated CRM program and launched the new one at the end of July. It was definitely not ready... It was buggy from day 1, but they shut it down for maintenance around August 20th. We were granted access again last Friday, and based on what we've found yesterday and today, it's still broken. It's a huuuuuuge headache. I wish they would dump all the data back into the old one and let us use that until they can get the new one fixed.

• eilis1228 said:
    @peaseblossom55 We had a really out of date CRM from 2007 that was no longer supported by Microsoft, so my company spent a few months searching for a new, updated CRM program and launched the new one at the end of July. It was definitely not ready... It was buggy from day 1, but they shut it down for maintenance around August 20th. We were granted access again last Friday, and based on what we've found yesterday and today, it's still broken. It's a huuuuuuge headache. I wish they would dump all the data back into the old one and let us use that until they can get the new one fixed.

Wow that is so frustrating!!! I hope you didn't think I was making fun of you or your company either.  It sucks when technology gets in the way of actually doing your job.

Anniversary

• eilis1228 said:
    @peaseblossom55 We had a really out of date CRM from 2007 that was no longer supported by Microsoft, so my company spent a few months searching for a new, updated CRM program and launched the new one at the end of July. It was definitely not ready... It was buggy from day 1, but they shut it down for maintenance around August 20th. We were granted access again last Friday, and based on what we've found yesterday and today, it's still broken. It's a huuuuuuge headache. I wish they would dump all the data back into the old one and let us use that until they can get the new one fixed.

Wow that is so frustrating!!! I hope you didn't think I was making fun of you or your company either.  It sucks when technology gets in the way of actually doing your job.
    Oh, no, I definitely didn't think that. I'm super frustrated with the technology (and my company for rushing its release) because it definitely keeps me from being able to do my job. We even sent a guy up to Minneapolis this week to work on it with the third-party programmers the company hired to set up the CRM and run maintenance, and we're still running into huge issues. It's ridiculous.

• @beanbot Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Ross, Target, Gap Outlet, etc. are all really good options, as others have mentioned. I also wanted to suggest Clothes Mentor, which is like Plato's Closet for adults, or another high end consignment shop in your area. They won't take anything that is in bad condition and you can get designer/more expensive pieces for a lot less money then sticker price. 

• Wow, I meant to add how my day is going. Well, I am exhausted, but we have a team building event in an hour by the bay, and it lasts the rest of the afternoon. So I basically get a paid day off while hanging out with my coworkers. I am pretty excited. No weekend plans yet except for cleaning the apartment, but I am sure BF and I will think of something. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards