Wedding Woes

Friday...Finally.

What's up for the weekend?

Packing and cleaning for us. 

DH thinks he has a sinus infection.  ::le sigh:: He was being a baby about it last night a little bit. 

I'm trying to find a daycare slot for DefConn.  I hope we didn't wait too long.  Ugh.  I'm waiting for a call and an e-mail.  More stuff to be nervous over.  Blah. 

The kiddo wants to go to a haunted house/scream park with his friends this weekend.  I told him that if he has nightmares, he has to suffer in silence.  He is not to wake me up.  ;) 

Re: Friday...Finally.

• I'm attempting to make freezer biscuits today.

Tomorrow I'm returning some extremely misguided jeggings to American Eagle.  Then I'm searching for a pair of jeans and possibly shoes.  All by myself. I have a "good enough" outfit for family pictures, but I would like to attempt something better.

Sunday I don't know.

Monday DH leaves for Montreal I'll be crying into my booze.

• Only soccer tomorrow.  I'm thinking DH and I should go on a date night.  It really feels weird to not have a weekend plan.

I have materials for all these halloween and fall-related crafts for DD2 to do.  I'm trying to stick to the fall stuff more because I feel like it's too early for halloween stuff.  She's having a blast, though.
  • Tomorrow night I was given tickets to go to our art museum fundraiser.  A friend found 7 mid-century or earlier dresses in the museum collection that the museum had no idea they had.  This is the fundraiser to start restoring them and putting them on display.  It's me and 2-3 friends (I don't have 1 confirmation yet), but we're all history, art, and literature buffs.  It should be a helluva good time.  Additionally, this will be the, hm...snobby "elite" of our little city, there's a hoity-toity fashion show also going on.  It will either be interesting or so snooze worthy that we go wander the museum, which has a new exhibit I've been wanting to see anyway.  ALSO, supposedly, there is a James Bond cowboy vampire theme.  I can't find that on any of the invite materials, but I'm not wearing that and I'm bringing my camera!  :D

Cleaning the backyard is on my agenda.  DH's hoarding tendencies have become an issue with gardening stuffs and I'm cleaning it out.  

Other than that, SSDD for the weekend.
  • Weekend?  THANK YOU JEEBUS!!!

This week was alternately slow and very quick, I have no idea what kind of universe I live in that those rules are okay, but whatever.

Weekend goes as such:

Lie low tonight-take H dinner at work

Tomorrow:  Breakfast with parents after their driving tour of the east coast.  Leave town with Fajah, to head east for a 1/2M.  Have fun, many laughs, beer and pizza.

Sunday:  "race" 1/2M and come home.  Lay low.

So exciting, I know.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2014
    Update: DH has a sinus and ear infection.  That dude know how to party.  

I seriously need a week-long lobotomy so someone else can worry about my life for awhile. 

ETA: FIL had a heart cath today and didn't need any stents and there's minimal aterial damage, but nothing that needs to be addressed imminently (sp?).   They're just going to keep an eye on him.  Yay flags. 
  • That's awesome mrs.conn Of ace-I really wish I could be a runner like you.
  • This week...man.  Took DS to the doctor for the 53rd time this morning because his right eye was pink and watery yesterday afternoon, and he was still on eyedrops for last week's conjunctivitis.  Pedi couldn't get us in until this a.m.  Got there and found out that when I called yesterday afternoon, the receptionist accidentally scheduled us for 8 a.m. yesterday instead of 8 a.m. today.  They crammed us in, and pedi said it looks like seasonal allergies and told me to give him children's Claritin, but wrote us a new Rx just in case it doesn't clear up.

Soccer tomorrow, then swim class, then date night tomorrow night.  Birthday party I'd rather skip Sunday, and in between, still unpacking and organizing. 

DS needs clothes.  It went from 80's to 60's here, and he has two whole pairs of long pants.  I had to wash one of them last night so he'd have something to wear again today.  It feels like Midwestern fall here, not Southern fall.  I want Southern fall back.
  • Mom comes tomorrow. So enjoying my last night of freedom. I also need to buy some food, so she won't say that I'm starving her.:)
  • DK got stuck in traffic for ~3 hours this morning due to a truck fire. When he tried to start his car, his battery had died, so he got it jumped and drove straight to the dealer. On the plus side, he's still within the 3year/36K mi warranty, so it likely won't cost anything to fix. 

This week has been super busy: 'employee development week" at work - so we had a lot of different speakers, classes, and networking events. This is the 2nd year that they have done it, and it was really good. Weekend will be very busy too -  going down to the Gulf tomorrow to visit a local aquarium center and then a massage and a dinner on Sunday. I'm also going to have to do some laundry and packing - leaving for Vegas on Thursday!
  • Morning. Got my butt up at 5:30 am and worked out- 4th day in a row and I honestly feel pretty good. The real trick will be to see if I can workout on the weekend. The only down side is that I am so sore, and it makes carrying DD or going up and down the stairs a nightmare.

Tonight my girls night out group is doing Bunco which I have never played. I'm looking forward to that. No plans for the rest of the weekend other than the usual chores.
  • my friday plans:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards