Illinois-Chicago

Chicago Vendor Recommendation - 9/20/14

Hi Ladies, my 130 person wedding at Kitchen Chicago was last Saturday and I am on the Knot (a lot) for help and advice from everyone. Our day was amazing and just wanted to share some recs and our experiences.

We loved the venue, it was pretty much at capacity. I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone with over 130 people.'

Huegah Catering - AMAZING!! I do not shill for vendors and these guy was AMAZING.  We got plated filet mignon and sides for all our guests for about $60 each which included servers, bartenders and mixers.  This was cheaper than Pure Kitchen's quoted price for family-style chicken.  The tasting was great so we booked and crossed our fingers hoping the wedding would go well. IT WAS AWESOME.  By the time we got to the venue, his servers had helped set up everything beautifully and the apps were delicious and plentiful.  The steaks were made TO ORDER since Kitchen has a kitchen inside (duh..).  The steak and sides (blue cheese polenta and glazed carrots) and apps were amazing, everyone said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. We were SO SO HAPPY with them. I left them a great Yelp review if someone wants their contact info. Again, I was nervous because they are nice but it was one of the best decisions we made.

Sweetchic Events day-of coordination: worth every penny.  I am a big DIY'er and I honestly thought may not need the help, I WAS WRONG.  Courtney made my day stress free.

Victoria Sprung Photo- my splurge, creative, professional and talented. She's not cheap but the pics are all you will have left and she was worth it.

Toast&Jam: everyone gets them because they're the best, they really are great.  People danced all night long.

Sean Loftus Videography: we don't have the video yet but since we splurged on photos, we wanted a videographer who was more reasonable.  He was also creative and a pro, made great suggestions.

Asrai Garden: this was my only disappointment. My centerpieces were $175 each and they were lovely, big and creative but the flowers had seen better days. My groom's rose fell off his boutonniere two hours in.   A big disappointment for the expense.

Ramsay Marston Hair: found her on Pinterest, she did an AMAZING job on my retro updo

Briette Madrid Makeup: excellent and talented and $60 a PERSON WITH NO PARTY MINIMUMS

Re: Chicago Vendor Recommendation - 9/20/14

• I'm so (semi) jealous that you got to use Victoria Sprung for your photos! I was in love with her work until I fell in love with the couple that we used for our photos. Thanks for posting your reviews!
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for sharing! We wanted Victoria but she was already booked for our 7/2015 wedding so we are going with Steve Koo. 

Do you mind sharing how much you spent for videography? This was not something we originally planned to do but now I'm second guessing myself!

Congrats on the wedding! :)
  • Victoria Srpung was also booked for our date too. We also heard Gina and Tony are amazing but they were booked for our date as well. We are using Angela Renee if anyone needs another recommendation. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards