Chit Chat

I'm probably an asshole

We have a meeting today in my office so we can't wear jeans like we typically do. My coworker is wearing heels and having a very hard time. She's stomping around like she has a stick in her ass. And I'm laughing at her.

What are you laughing at today/why are you an asshole?
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: I'm probably an asshole

• I work in a law office. Last Friday the receptionist threw a bouncy ball into my office. My office is next to bossman's and he was in his office with a client and his door was open. She was aware of all of this and it just had the potential for disaster if her aim had been off. 
    I told her that it wasn't very professional and she got mad at me and now I'm an asshole. She's only greeted me now in the morning and only spoken to me if she absolutely has to. 

I don't mind having fun in the office, but when there are other people in here I think we need to have some standards. 
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    My boss asked for something and I subtly suggested that she find it herself. Asshole status achieved.

ETA: Okay yeah that makes me sound like an asshole. When I was at home yesterday she sent me an old version of a document complaining that it didn't have the information she needed. So I suggested that she find it on the shared drive, or in an old email, and I told her exactly who it was from. But no, she apparently doesn't know how to look for things in her inbox or the fancy email management system we have.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I came in to an email where someone was trying to reassign their actions to me.  I took it to my boss and he went to their boss.  I can hear the chants now... "asshole... asshole... asshole"
  • FI took his utensils out of his lunch bag yesterday and didn't replace them.  I sent breakfast casserole (sausage, egg, onion, red pepper) in a container.

I'm kind of laughing at him since he now has to suck the food out of the tupperware container :)
  • I'm trying to ween one of my subordinates. Half the shit I ask her to do - she then asks a million questions later on (since she hasn't written anything down), she complains that other people get promoted to manager - but can't take on simple tasks without me spoon feeding shit for her - and I've been  subtly letting her know that she needs to put more of an effort in to be a contributing member of the team rather than someone who I just pump work to and then do half of it for her.

This is as easy as say needing a website for a supplier approval file -and asking me for it - before even attempting to google the company - which is all I would do. Or putting together a letter - that I gave her an example of - and her not laying it out like a business letter.

Sorry.Not.Sorry.
  • We got new neighbors about a month ago and they have a dog that is kept outside 24/7 that would not stop barking (I'm talking day/night even 4am).  I finally called animal control on them and now the poor thing is muzzled so it looks absolutely pitiful and whines when the weather is crappy. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was trying to find a parking spot this morning for my doctor's appointment. Apparently there was another car waiting, but I didn't see him. I got into the space first and he cussed me out, claiming he had been waiting 10 minutes. 10 minutes? Really? Oh well. But it turns out my doctor is actually one building over, so I had to drive to the next building. I guess karma got me. :(
  • We got new neighbors about a month ago and they have a dog that is kept outside 24/7 that would not stop barking (I'm talking day/night even 4am).  I finally called animal control on them and now the poor thing is muzzled so it looks absolutely pitiful and whines when the weather is crappy. :(
    I would be calling animal control again, especially if it is starting to get colder out and the dog is still being tied up outside 24/7.  Those fuckers don't deserve that dog.
    Unfortunately - I've had to call on a family numerous times. If the animal has water and "sufficient shelter" there is nothing they can do. In the case of my phone call - a rotting board leaning against a fence line was deemed sufficient shelter. :-( But call - call again - keep fighting for the rights of this animal.
  • I am SUCH an asshole all the time every day I commute. I think horrible, horrible things about people, usually because I am hungry/improperly caffeinated. Ironically, this means I am probably less assertive than I really ought to be, because I am so afraid of actually voicing any of the horrible feelings in my brain that I don't trust myself to do something as innocuous as saying "Excuse me, could you please move your bag so it isn't poking me?" in a nice way.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I am SUCH an asshole all the time every day I commute. I think horrible, horrible things about people, usually because I am hungry/improperly caffeinated. Ironically, this means I am probably less assertive than I really ought to be, because I am so afraid of actually voicing any of the horrible feelings in my brain that I don't trust myself to do something as innocuous as saying "Excuse me, could you please move your bag so it isn't poking me?" in a nice way.
    I couldn't imagine taking public transportation. I'm angry enough in the car. I regularly scream and flail at other drivers. I don't know what it is about driving and other drivers that makes me want to rip heads off. I've gotten out of my car to yell at people. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • abbyj700 said:
    We got new neighbors about a month ago and they have a dog that is kept outside 24/7 that would not stop barking (I'm talking day/night even 4am).  I finally called animal control on them and now the poor thing is muzzled so it looks absolutely pitiful and whines when the weather is crappy. :(
    I would be calling animal control again, especially if it is starting to get colder out and the dog is still being tied up outside 24/7.  Those fuckers don't deserve that dog.
    Unfortunately - I've had to call on a family numerous times. If the animal has water and "sufficient shelter" there is nothing they can do. In the case of my phone call - a rotting board leaning against a fence line was deemed sufficient shelter. :-( But call - call again - keep fighting for the rights of this animal.

--------------SITB---------------

I'm keeping an eye on the poor thing.  I really don't want to be that person to the new neighbors but I think I'm going to call animal control back and say I'll take the barking over the whining and yelping when it's muzzled.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • abbyj700 said:
    We got new neighbors about a month ago and they have a dog that is kept outside 24/7 that would not stop barking (I'm talking day/night even 4am).  I finally called animal control on them and now the poor thing is muzzled so it looks absolutely pitiful and whines when the weather is crappy. :(

I'm keeping an eye on the poor thing.  I really don't want to be that person to the new neighbors but I think I'm going to call animal control back and say I'll take the barking over the whining and yelping when it's muzzled.
    I doubt animal control suggested the muzzle. They probably spoke to the owners and told them that the dog should not be out barking at all hours of the night and the owners decided that the muzzle was the solution. Animal control may actually be really pissed that the dog is being muzzled all day and night. How the hell is the poor thing supposed to eat and drink anything?

I couldn't imagine taking public transportation. I'm angry enough in the car. I regularly scream and flail at other drivers. I don't know what it is about driving and other drivers that makes me want to rip heads off. I've gotten out of my car to yell at people. 
    Whenever I get to drive again, it is SO CLEANSING to be able to shout from the privacy of my little cave. 

I don't get out and yell at people, because I am acutely aware that there are more nutjobs in NYC per capita than there were in my small hometown. As mad as I get, I realize that there's a good chance I might go off on someone who gets violently mad...
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • abbyj700 said:

I doubt animal control suggested the muzzle. They probably spoke to the owners and told them that the dog should not be out barking at all hours of the night and the owners decided that the muzzle was the solution. Animal control may actually be really pissed that the dog is being muzzled all day and night. How the hell is the poor thing supposed to eat and drink anything?

-------------Why am I always STIB!?-------------

Trust me I'm keeping an eye on the issue of eating and drinking.  I called hoping that maybe the owners would give the dog some attention when it started barking.  I came home from running errands to my FI standing at the door going that poor dog you shouldn't have called animal control they just muzzled it.

I feel terrible for the dog, now all it does is lay there and if you look at him he just rubs his snout where the muzzle is, I don't even like going to my backyard now it's too sad looking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Whenever I get to drive again, it is SO CLEANSING to be able to shout from the privacy of my little cave. 

I don't get out and yell at people, because I am acutely aware that there are more nutjobs in NYC per capita than there were in my small hometown. As mad as I get, I realize that there's a good chance I might go off on someone who gets violently mad...
    I know. I'm getting better at controlling myself. It's scary to think what could happen if I yell at the wrong person. 
  • abbyj700 said:

Trust me I'm keeping an eye on the issue of eating and drinking.  I called hoping that maybe the owners would give the dog some attention when it started barking.  I came home from running errands to my FI standing at the door going that poor dog you shouldn't have called animal control they just muzzled it.

I feel terrible for the dog, now all it does is lay there and if you look at him he just rubs his snout where the muzzle is, I don't even like going to my backyard now it's too sad looking.
    :-(

People can be so awful. This makes me want to go visit my dogs (I volunteer at the local SPCA and refer to my time there as "going to see my dogs".) The situation I had to call about was a house next to where I used to work. It was a beautiful airedale terrier...who's coat was matted and soaked in mud from living outside 24/7. A woman I worked with actually offered to buy the dog from the family to give it a better home. Other guys I worked with -one who was the biggest hard ass ever - called animal control the day the dog literally kept falling over because it was so cold and matted with ice. :-( I miss Arty (that was his name) - I hope he's alright.
  • Our next door neighbors are putting their house up for sale this week. 

DH and I had a hedge put in this weekend. BARELY on our property line. It will drop shit into their yard and give no fucks.
    *********************************************************************************

• btw, this song (clicky) is now in my head thanks to this thread.  Warning - NSFW
  • btw, this song (clicky) is now in my head thanks to this thread.  Warning - NSFW
    I'm not going to click it, because I know what it is. I've also had it stuck in my head all week.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• abbyj700abbyj700 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    btw, this song (clicky) is now in my head thanks to this thread.  Warning - NSFW
    Not going to lie...Dennis Leary was so much cooler back in his more asshole smoker phase... (ie when this song came out)
  • I used to live in a town house and the idiots next door had parties pretty much every night of the week. We shared a deck, and their stupid drunk friends picked up all my deck chairs and threw them off (from the second story). I was getting really sick of it. 

Then I come home in the freezing cold with a trunk full of groceries and end up having to park down the street cuz the assholes and their asshole friends took EVERY parking space for our building because, another party. I had to go all the way to the guest parking area, which is where they should have been. None of them noticed when I stood out on my front porch and egged every single one of their cars. 
    During my senior year of college, I lived on the first floor of an apartment building just off campus. Near the end of the school year, some of the Greek organizations decided to go out for a really nice party, and the buses were scheduled to pick everyone up in my parking lot. I had parked directly in front of my apartment's living room window, as had all 3 of my roommates. Many of the people who were going to the party arrived early, and already intoxicated. Several of them decided it would be cool to sit on our cars while they waited for the buses. Roomies and I did not want drunk butts leaving dents in our cars, so every time someone sat on or even approached the cars, we hit the panic buttons on our key fobs. It was absolutely hysterical to watch them jump, flail, and try to run when the honking started. I did feel a weensy bit sorry for the girl who tripped, but then she probably shouldn't have been wearing 5 inch heels while already drunk at 3 pm.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • beethery said:
    btw, this song (clicky) is now in my head thanks to this thread.  Warning - NSFW
    I'm not going to click it, because I know what it is. I've also had it stuck in my head all week.
    Me too!  I think @wandajune6 mentioned it in another thread, and I've been singing it all week.  Not aloud of course :D

• abbyj700 said:
    abbyj700 said:

:-(

People can be so awful. This makes me want to go visit my dogs (I volunteer at the local SPCA and refer to my time there as "going to see my dogs".) The situation I had to call about was a house next to where I used to work. It was a beautiful airedale terrier...who's coat was matted and soaked in mud from living outside 24/7. A woman I worked with actually offered to buy the dog from the family to give it a better home. Other guys I worked with -one who was the biggest hard ass ever - called animal control the day the dog literally kept falling over because it was so cold and matted with ice. :-( I miss Arty (that was his name) - I hope he's alright.
    So terrible! At my last house the neighbors next door took off and abandoned their adorable female lab. Once I realized it was their and that nobody was occupying the home I called animal control on the people. I started feeding the poor baby daily and even breaking open our fence on a regular basis to allow the dog in our yard to run and play. They dog was kept in a small fenced in area with the back door of the house open with no water and one old open bag of food. Animal control finally came and said that they would have to wait a few days to see if the owners would come back. They never did and I think animal control did eventually come get her. If it ever happens again I may be breaking that poor baby out.

Why would you have a dog if you are not going to let the poor thing inside to play and cuddle? Let somebody who wants the animals love have them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My boss ran a 42km marathon on Sunday in Berlin, Germany.  My coworker said he could probably beat her time because she 'wasn't that fast.'  I said I'd love to see him do it.

His response: Well, I'm not going all the way to Germany to run that just to say Im better.

Me: Oh, I am very sure you can find 42kms here you can run.  I'll time you!

After that he just said how she MUST have been running slow because the scenery is so pretty.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards