Oregon

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

So, I definitely got my craft on this weekend.
The flower garland link that I posted a while back didn't quite do it for me when I actually started to make it, so I altered it into my own version.  With the help of my mom, and seven and a half hours to make 12, 8+ feet long ones, here's what I got!

I hung them off of fishing line, to make them look like they were floating.  We hot glued beads in the spaces between the flowers to give it a little something extra.

Here's the ugly part.
After reading the comments people posted on the pom-poms (use more tissue paper to round them out, ect.) I gave it a shot.  After three attempts I decided that while I liked them, they weren't right for what I wanted to use them for.  My friend and I had a pretty good laugh over the first one we made, as it was huge...and horrible.
...and since the knot.com's photo uploader blows...I can't fit my picture in this post! boohisssssssssss
Photobucket

Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly.

• edited December 2011
    But the garlands are beautiful! I love them. At least they turned out right!
  • edited December 2011
    I like the garlands too, although I want to see the first attempt. What are you going to hang it from?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  They're super pretty!  I ended up not even bothering with the original garland, because I knew instantly it wasn't going to look the way I wanted it to.  I wanted the petals to look like they were somewhat floating behind us.  I think it's going to be such an awesome back drop for pictures!  I'm going to hang them from a wooden dowel (I left extra slack so I could tie/glue/get them to stay! lol)  which will hang from the gazebo we're getting married in front of.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I sooo can't wait to see your photos!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards